“Excellent - Excellent - Excellent”
Review of Lemon Bistro

Lemon Bistro
Ranked #28 of 653 Restaurants in Markham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Italian Influenced cuisine located in the small town of Old Markham Family run with excellant Bistro style menu
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent - Excellent - Excellent”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I went there for dinner with two long time friends. Normally we would go for "Pub Grub", but the Lemon Bistro was chosen as an alternative. It was my 2nd visit, (well actually 3rd, but that's another story). The service was Excellent, well paced and attentive and not overbearing. The staff seemed to be monitoring the three of us to determine the appropriate time to talk to us and take our meal and drink orders. The ambiance was Excellent, cosy and crowded, but not loud or uncomfortable. Obviously, this is a popular place. The food was Excellent. I had the pork chop. Without a doubt, the best pork chop I have ever had. The entire evening was perfect. A perfect combination of excellent food, excellent service and very reasonably priced as well. Note to the Staff....math was never my strong point and I realized when I got home that I really messed up on the tip. I promise to make it up to you on my next visit.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Martin G

Canada
“Tiny but good food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very small restaurant with an even smaller menu, but we've always found the food to be very good. Portion size is smaller than most restaurants which suits us just fine. The last time we were there I couldn't find my favourite pasta on the menu. No problem. Our server spoke to the chef who made it for me (pasta in gorgonzola sauce). That's good service. All in all the standard of food is very good. Reservations are definitely recommended. Only thing we don't like is being made to stand in the doorway next to diners eating until someone comes to seat us. It's uncomfortable for the diners having strangers standing so close to their food while they are eating and also for us. As I said, it's a very small restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank wepaktogo
Toronto, Canada
“What a dump”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We chose the Lemon Bistro based on the past reviews and a recommendation from someone who has been there. The best part of the dinner was the bottle of wine. We both started off with a Caesar Salad. The menu said "freshly made" which means it was FRESHLY MADE with substandard ingredients. What was served to us sadly lacked in flavour. The dressing was disgusting and the lettuce tasted like it was soaking in water for days. Even a grind of fresh pepper would have helped but we couldn't get the attenion of the server. Speaking of which, the attire of the wait staff at this restaurant is very casual. I would have assumed upscale/casual but found that's not the case - particularly with one server (or may even be a manager) who was dressed in a ratty t-shirt, exposed tats running down his arm, casual shorts and sandals. Attire suitable for sitting on a dock and slugging back a beer. For our entree we both ordered Tagliatelle with Tiger Shrimp. The pasta was topped with about 5 shrimp, chunks of italian parsley, a small portion of diced tomatoe and some sort of unrecognizable broth which again was greatly lacking in flavour. This time I was quick on the draw as I asked for some pepper. There was no garlic, no flavour, etc. Very bland and uneventful as I was picking the chunks of flatleaf parsley from between my teeth. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I'm amazed that they're still in business after 6 years. If they were situated any other place but Main Street Markham, they would've had to close their doors after 6 months. Al dente is even a step up from this place. If you read their reviews youll understand.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank puffie
Toronto-Canada
“Our Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place has the best food in the city. The food is made from scratch and they always change the menu. The service is always great! You got to try their signature lemon dessert! It's so delicious and I don't usually like lemon desserts.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lydiabr
Markham, Canada
“A great place we always return to”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The food is always made from scratch. The specials are always unique and great value. Save room for the lemon dacquoise dessert!

• Visited May 2012