“A treat every time we go!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 632 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Italian Influenced cuisine located in the small town of Old Markham Family run with excellant Bistro style menu
Canuck
“A treat every time we go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Lemon Bistro is a marvellous, family-owned restaurant on Main Street, Markham. My husband and I go there often. Beautifully prepared and presented food. Always interesting specials. Owners are warm and sociable. Small and intimate ambiance. Great vibe overall. Small but incredibly efficient open kitchen. Only disappointment is that they're not open for lunch.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank CanuckBabs

Toronto, Canada
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've been to this restaurant 3 years ago and then recently went again with my husband to decide if we want to host his birthday dinner there. I had really loved the food and the little bistro feel of the place, so I was very disappointed with the second visit.

We made reservations for a Friday night at 7:30pm, informed the Manager, we were there to taste and decide if we wanted to host a large party there. So one would think, they may be a bit more attentive to the service.

The place was half full when we were seated, they forgot to inform us of the specials of the day, it took 20 mins to bring our starter, then another 45 mins to serve the entree. Their menu was very limited to begin with, there was really no reason for the tardiness in service, both in the dining room and in the kitchen. The food was average to have to wait 45 mins for an entree.

• Visited September 2011
Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Great food, well presented, nice ambiance family run.

1 Thank cwjkipper
Calgary
“The #1 Restaurant in Markham, ONTARIO -- Hands Down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

What a shame that Tripadvisor have this restaurant incorrectly located in Illinois -- instead of Ontario! It's definitely the #1 restaurant in Markham -- ONTARIO.

The menu is short and simple -- but covers the gamut of fine French, American and Italian selections. And -- the food is outstanding. It's well prepared, well presented --and very tasty!

The kitchen is open so you can see the chef, Livio, hard at work.

Besides being an excellent chef - Livio is also an artist. He has done all the artwork in the restaurant -- and it's first rate. By the way, he's a friendly guy to talk to.

The restaurant is nicely situated on the old heritage main street of Markham -- so it's a world away from the freeways, strip malls and box stores.

I highly recommend that you visit this restaurant the next time you are in Markham, ONTARIO.

Markham
“LEMON is anything BUT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

Enjoyed two meals there recently, about two weeks apart. I was happily pleased with the consistancy of quality in the food, service and ambiance. My husband who BBQ's a great steak was impressed with his meal. Steak and frites. I adored the brined chop on couscous. Who knew? My neighbors in Markham have asked that I please stop recommending the place. They are finding it difficult to get a table on the weekend. How nice it is to get recipes and tips from the chef. Definitely a gem in Markham.