“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Country Inn

Old Country Inn
Ranked #23 of 635 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: German, Austrian, Central European, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Friendly staff, good food, especially the schnitzels. A rare occurrence: the owner always stops by the tables to enquire if everything is satisfactory.

Visited December 2013

Thornhill, Canada
“Good Home Cooking just like Mom's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had been here a number of years ago with friends from Unionville and was thrilled at the quality of food and the draft Hacker Pschor beer. ( excuse the spelling). I always remembered the Holstein Schnitzel that so reminded me of home cooking. Unfortunately, I lived in Oakville at that time so my visits were few and far between.
Well I recently moved to Thornhill and on a trip up Main Street in Unionville, I happened to see the restaurant.
I was absolutely surprised to see that the food quality and the draft German beer were still the same hit they were 15 years ago!
Since that visit I have been back 3 more times with my wife and family and now consider it my regular favorite local.
The smoked trout is superb, the fried Camembert has quickly become a family hit but there is no question among all of us (3 of our 5 boys, 2 girlfriends) that the schnitzel is too die for.
Add to that the rest of the family when they come in from out of town and it will be a meal to remember.
The service is friendly and the pricing is reasonable enough that dinner for 8 or more is well within reach.
Try this restaurant for one meal that will have you leaving happy and full.............just like dinner at Mom's!

• Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great German / Austrian Food for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I took my family for a nice Sunday Lunch. I was a little bit apprehensive since I hadn't been to this restaurant for 20+ years. We were pleasantly surprised. The food selection, quality and price are still significantly better than most German / Austrian restaurants. The quaintness of the old town, and the ambiance of the restaurant will have us coming back for more.

• Visited October 2013
Ontario, Canada
“The best Jagger Schnitzel ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went with friends that have been there before. 2 of them are German and raved about this quaint restaurant. I had the jagger shcnitzel and it was fantastic! I wanted spatzle but forgot to ask to substitute for the dumplings. I've never had dumplings before. I enjoyed them even more than the spatzle to my utter amazement! I've only ever ate at another German restaurant, Sauter's in Pickering. While their food there is very good, I much prefer The Old Country Inn's food. Go here, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013
Thornhill, Canada
“Best schnitzel and crepes in Toronto area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant. On Unionville Main Street, an old house (once the doctor house) is a place to remember.
The food is great, the service good and the front rooms have character.
The price is reasonable and the owner George together with the super nice server Ruhla always make dinner a wonderful experience.
Not to miss the genuine winner schnitzel, the perfect crepes (palachinka) and in winter the tasty Glühwein.

• Visited September 2013