Insadong Korean Barbeque & Live Fresh Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good food, Great atmostphere, and phenomenal service! the hot pot is very tasty and you have the option of cooking it yourself so you can determine how cooked youd like it, during your meal they change the grill so that your food is made on a fresh plate. I continue to go to this resturant today and i would recommend anyone who is open to trying new things to go there.

1  Thank NRam2

Reviewed March 16, 2011

We went to Insadong restaurant with my girlfriend and it really looked like we were in South Korea :
Table with the barbeque, korean-style artworks, hot tea instead of water (you can ask for water too of course), the buzzer to call the waitress (service is ncie and fast), ... the only differences are the wooden chopsticks (instead of metal) and that the side-dishes are not refilled (which is pretty common out of korea though)

About the food :
The yams (deep fried sweet potatoes) are neither good nor bad, not really tasty and oily.
My girlfriend ordered the spicy seafood soup. She really liked it and the quantity was just fine.
I ordered the Bibimbap. It was also pretty good but one vegeatable had a chewy texture that was unpleasant, though the taste was fine.

The price was fine and I would definitely recommand this restaurant to anyone who wants to try some real korean food.

Reviewed May 4, 2010

What a fun and tasty dinner! Our group of 5 (4 adults 1 child) had a terrific time cooking and eating our dinner at insadong. We are korean BBQ novices and were a little overwhelmed at first while looking at the menu. After letting our server know we were "newbies" she helped us select foods and kept a watchful eye on us and helped us throughout our dinner. We were stuffed to the gills at the end of our meal. We will be back

2  Thank E-Equals-MC2
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Great food! Went there to find good tofu soup, but found a lot more.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Given that it's literally steps from my building and I walk past its divine aromas every day, it's about time I finally visited this place! Now I wish I'd done it a lot sooner. I'll admit I haven't eaten at many Korean BBQ restaurants in my life, but I know good food in general, and you can certainly find it here. The meat, barbecued at your table, was excellent, all the sides were fresh and delicious, and I second the other reviewer here who praised the smoked salmon salad. It was exceptional. The service was wonderful - the servers went out of their way to help and were unfailingly courteous and respectful. My only quibble is that for first-time visitors not especially familiar with Korean-style dining, there's no indication that to summon a server you have to press the little buzzer at the side of the table. This wasn't a problem for me, as I'd researched the restaurant in advance, and I actually love the efficiency of the system. It would just be nice if they had even a small sign that said "press button to summon server" or something similar, for the uninitiated. But this is a minor criticism. Overall, definitely recommended.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook