“Mom & Pop For Sure”

Ranked #34 of 316 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Toronto, Canada
“Mom & Pop For Sure”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Oh, it is kinda out in the boondocks in the suburbs of Vancouver but don't let that stop you, especially if you just happen to be in the neighborhood. A friend took me here one time, almost a decade ago and I have been a faithful follower/customer ever since.
The specialties are home-made bread and soups. Start off with a delectable soup and then dig into your sandwich while the magic melts in your mouth. I usually go for the chicken and there are veggie-only choices as well, if you must.
We usually go in the afternoon after the lunch hour rush so as to give the owners some company and swap stories and remedies. The gent is a hoot and his jivin' about my over-indulgence has never swayed me from storing more in my stomach.
It's not so much elegance but sitting, listening to classical music being broadcasted from the speakers while consuming delicious delights is what this experience is about. A definite step above from the more well-known chain lunch spots.

• Visited March 2014