“GETTING WORSE”

The Coquitlam Grill
Ranked #4 of 339 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Enjoy delicious food for breakfast, lunch or dinner! We have a wonderful array of home cooked meals and our breakfast menu is available all day! We pride ourselves on being a family restaurant with our atmosphere as well as our takeout options. Also, we have party rooms available for larger events! Please contact us with details.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm not sure what's going on the Coquitlam Grill these days. My boyfriend and I have eaten breakfast there quite regularly, on the weekends. The service is usually good and the food tastes fresh and hot.

However, this past Sunday, we went there for breakfast and we were both disappointed.
Our server, was not nearly attentive as usual.
I had to wave her over to get her attention as my eggs were BARELY warm!!
She took them away for reheating, brought them back and left promptly.
Upon tasting them - they were not ANY better. I think the kitchen staff put them in the microwave but forgot to turn it on!!!
The server didn't come back to ask if it was better. I ate everything BUT the eggs (nothing tastes worse than cold eggs!)
My boyfriend had to flag down the coffee server as he was being ignored and not receiving refills!!
Our experience that day was very disappointing and we commented on how we each had been noticing that it's seeming to go downhill lately.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We go to the Coco Grill frequently for lunch or dunner on Sundays and on many other occasions as well. Many of our friends do the same as well since it is such friendly and reliable place to go. Most recently we took our 4 visiting guests from Alberta for late lunch last Sunday. First seating was "too" cold for the gals so they moved us to a larger area and adjusted the a/c right away. Very noticeable difference and very appreciated. You get your water and specials breakdown right away. Orders are taken quickly and efficiently and your meal arrive hot and appetizing. Very reliable and the servers have typically been there a while so thy know the food choices well. I cant say enough, they cater to large groups, old and young alike. Always a pleasant experience. I must recommend a few dishes, the lasagna, the 2 piece fish and chips (fab), truckers breakfast!!! Pulled pork and macaroni is a new favorite. The stir fries are really good too. Chicken Louie and Pot Roast are also great choices. I have not had a bad meal here, ever. Highly recommended and I know I will be back likely with in a week.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Really a White Spot clone in terms of ambiance and decor. Lots of menu items and prices reasonable. Clearly lots of locals patronize the Grill. Can't go wrong here for sit-down service.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Have eaten here a few times so can vouch for the consistency and reliability of the food. The menu is extensive - and I mean extensive - so you can expect to take a while to read through it. On our most recent visit I had a baked tortellino alfredo ($13.99). It was creamy, did not reek of garlic and came piping hot (my ongoing complaint is too many restaurants serve lukewarm food, so this is worth noting). My fellow diners had a backrib/pasta special ($15.99) which was a full serving of bbq ribs with spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic bread and a ceasar salad. The ribs were tangy, hot and fell off the bone. Other orders in our group were liver, bacon and onions ($11.99) and a beef dip sandwich ($10.99). The liver was not chewy, as it often can be, and came wtih two large pieces, smothered in onions along with mashed potatoes and gravy. The beef dip was huge and, of course, accompanied by a generous helping of fries. If there is one complaint about the Coquitlam Grill is that it takes a while for the food to reach the table. Don't misunderstand - the staff are friendly and attentive. It just takes a while for the food to go from order to table. Although given that it usually comes piping hot to everyone, it is something I suggest you tolerate. We will continue to eat here when the opportunity arises.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Two of us went to the grill at lunch time. The eatery has an all day breakfast menu, a senior menu , a regular menu and luncheon specials. My mother opted for the all day breakfast menu. Her egg was exactly as she asked with a good supply of tasty bacon. She requested tomatoes instead of potatoes with no problem. I opted for the jambalaya with prawns, chicken , sausage, in a spicy marinara sauce. It was plentiful and very tasty. We also had coffee which were refilled to satisfaction. The service was very good. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive. It is a popular place for the retired crowd since meals are varied and reasonably priced. This is a good family oriented restaurant with much to offer for varied tastes.