“Really Nice”

Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Client's Review: Executive Plaza Coquitlam
Traveling on business, the Executive Plaza Coquitlam was the nearest hotel to the meeting and was recommended by business colleagues. The hotel was REALLY nice. It was clean and the staff were wonderful & friendly.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 7, 2010

The bad ...

When I opened the door to my room, I was hit with a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Disgusting! So I immediately asked to be moved to another room. First thing the next morning, a couple is knocking on my door (I'm glad I wasn't asleep!) because I had been moved to their room and the hotel still thought I was in my old room.

One of the draws for me to this hotel was the jacuzzi. The tap didn't work so I had to run the shower to fill it. The plug didn't work so the water eventually drained out. The motor worked but didn't seem to do anything but make noise. So basically it was a big tub.

There was a desk in the room and this is where the Internet wire is (no wireless). But there was no place to plug in my laptop ... very strange. So I had to pull the Internet wire to the bureau where there was a plug nearby. Which mean that every time I wanted to surf, I had to stand up ... not comfortable at all. So not practical for the business traveler.

There was a fire alarm about 11pm Saturday night. I waited for an announcement whether it was a false alarm or not. Not hearing one, I proceeded down the stairs. When I got to the lobby, the bar was still in full swing as was the wedding in the meeting rooms! So much for an emergency! The firemen arrived and turned off the alarm. We then had to climb the stairs to get back to our rooms as they weren't turning on the elevators for "a long while". I felt sorry for the older clients who had to climb to the 14th floor!

I had a small balcony ... a chair on it would have been nice to enjoy the view of Vancouver (there was no furniture).

The good ...

The bed was big and comfy.

It's a couple blocks away from restaurants, a big mall and a pub.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We arrived in town early and the friendly staff accomodated us with an early check-in. The room was spotless and quiet, making for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Very friendly and helpful staff,clean and nice rooms.
very good location close to the lougheed mall and Sky train.
there is an outdoor pool, sauna and tennis courts.
Overall this hotel is excellent!! Thanks.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Linen, curtains, furniture and bathrooms are horribly DIRTY!!!!! The rooms are smelly and dusty......I would rather stay somewhere else!!!
Refrbishments needs to be done urgently!!
It is supposed to be a businness hotel and there is No wireless internet available!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I flew down with several colleagues to attend an annual meeting so we got really good rates. The lobby and rooms were clean.
During our meeting which went on for 2 days, the hotel was catering our meals and snacks. They frequently ran out of food, clearly the hotel knew how many people they needed to cater food to and they grossly underestimated the amount of food they needed to put out.
The mall (which is the only thing around) was walking distance, and really nothing to speak of.
It was quite a distance to Vancouver, and the staff was not overly helpful in assisting with transportation inquiries and guiding us to local amenities.
If you can get a good rate and you need to be in Coquitlam, then this hotel should be good enough.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank lovetotravelx2
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Our room was filthy, the sheets and pillows had a dirty, musty smell. They had not been washed. The bathroom area was dirty and the garbage cans were not lined. When we awoke the first night, it was to the next room over who set their alarm LOUDLY at 4am. They didn't bother to turn it off. We checked out of the hotel early due to a large number of BED BUGS. We unfortunately have to go through our entire suitcases as they have the bugs in them as well. Would never EVER return to this disgusting hotel in Coquitlam. In all honesty, a motel 6 would be cleaner. The management was not concerned at all and didn't bother to apologize that our ipod was stolen from the cleaning service staff. Why would you pay $140 a night for this type of place that calls themselves a boutique hotel?

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank starzdurbin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Best Western Chelsea Inn
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam
Inn at the Quay
#1 of 3 in New Westminster

Been to Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam? Share your experiences!