“buffet is always great.”

Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“buffet is always great.”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had brunch here last Sunday. We, ve been coming here for years, and while there are crowds certain weekends, this last time it was quiet. Food is always good. Service is also good. And the free parking is nice.

Room Tip: Sorry this is a food only review
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Exec405, General Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Ms. Sandra,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay wit us.I am glad to hear that you always enjoy are renowned Sunday brunch and hospitality.
We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Copper Club.
Kind Regards,
Pasha Sheikh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Room was very comfortable as was the bed great location and amenities close by. The view from the room at the front facing west is spectacular. The restaurant and lounge has great food and atmosphere and the staff very helpful and top notch...

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark D
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a comment on your recent stay.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good night sleep.Your compliments for the restaurant and kitchen will be shared with the staff .
I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

VICTORIA
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Have stayed for business at many properties in this suburban part of Vancouver with less than happy results.
This older but updated property, however, was an unexpected delight, great service, spotless well appointed room, free attached parkade parking.
The best part was the great kitchen in the hotel dining room. A limited menu but excellent service and delicious well presented food. A hidden gem.
Will go out of my way to stay here again.

Room Tip: My room on the 8th floor facing west was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us.

My team and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also enjoyed your meals in our Copper Club restaurant.
We are in process of doing some upgrades in our restaurant and bringing some exciting changes in our menu selection also.
I look forward to welcome you back in near future.

Kind regards,

Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed just for one night when we were visiting Vancouver.
Reservations, check in etc all very efficient and pleasant.
Room was OK although the bathroom was looking a bit dated and needed some repairs . Our room had a connecting door which probably added to the fact that we were kept awake until the early hours by our neighbours. It wasn't wild partying or anything but enough chatter to keep you awake.
The restaurant was closed on the Saturday evening...didn't bother us but service at breakfast on the Sunday morning was absolutely dreadful and we only had Continental!!
If you can get a deal, its worth it, but not full price.

Room Tip: Don't have a room with a connecting door.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Exec405, Front Office Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Quailsroost, from Kamloops ,BC,
We like to thank you for taking the time to send us a review on your last stay at the Executive Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, Coquitlam BC. Your feedback is most helpful to us to make improvements in all departments of guest service and our guetrooms.

Sorry to hear that your neighbours kept you up later then you wanted. Our Front Desk could have advised them of your concern, They are there to help all our hotel guest have a comfortable night sleep........something for future hotel stays.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Kelowna, BC
Reviewed January 4, 2014

It's been mentioned here and I'd agree, there aren't a lot of "friendly" faces but they are decent and did their job OK. First impressions are given from your front desk staff and right away I wasn't impressed, no smile and not overly courteous. Now I'd imagine that depends on what you look like, I was wearing blue jeans and a winter jacket though by no means dressed like a slob. He was more polite to the suit before me.

There were two of us there for work, it was an ideal location in that it was close to where we had to go for classes, there was another of our work mates in the hotel for classes the day before so it just made sense. He said his room (a single) was great, a lot of room, nicely kept. OURS on the other hand, well it would be great if it was 20 years ago. Smelled like an older room, the safe didn't work, the TV was such poor quality that I didn't even watch it. The other guy did however.

A plus though is the wifi was ok. Strong enough to do some browsing and watch a streamed sitcom, that was all I needed. I streamed a tv show and watched it on my computer rather than trying to make out the picture in a fuzzy (yet flat screen)

The water in the shower was OK but there was something odd about the way it sat in the tub, didn't matter though I wasn't there to pamper myself, had a shower and got out.

Basically that part of the hotel was dated. An average score on this is pretty accurate, I'm sure there are better suites and just make sure you ask for them.

The bedding was clean and bed was comfortable which is the most important thing for me in a hotel room and some of the pillows were alright as well, the guy in the other bed wasn't so lucky, said he couldn't find one he felt comfortable with and didn't get a great sleep.

Saying all this however I am going to stay there again, I just have a lot lower expectations now. It's a room and for business, if it were personal and I was taking a loved one there I would NOT be back. So many other places to try.

Hope that helps. I research the places I'm going to stay on here as well and prefer a less emotional review.
Cheers!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for an updated room? There may be better ones available that don't smell
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Rob R from Kelown,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Executive Plaza Hotel & Convention Centre located in Coquitlam BC. I apreciate the feedback and will pass your comments on to our staff so we can improve on our guest service.

Our hotel is around 14 years young and recieves alot of visitors each year. Our maintenace staff is on daily repairs and upgrades for the guest comfort. Thsy items that you noticed on your stay will be addressed, not just your room but all hotel guest rooms.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

In booking my hotel I got confused as to location as there are two hotels of the same name in a similar location. The front desk staff were excellent! They swapped the reservation from the other hotel and took contacted the airline to get my lost luggage transfered to the changed location.

The gave me the same rate and the room was fantastic. Super comfortable bed and very muched like the toiletries that were supplied! The view in the morning was stunning and it is close to restaurants and stores.

It was a wonderful Christmas present!

Room Tip: Double check the location as this hotel is on the boarder of Coquitlam and Burnaby and their web sit...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Exec405, Front Office Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Saskactor, from Ottawa

Thank you for taking the time to sent us your very positive comments about your last stay at the Executive Plaza Hotel during your visit over Christmas.

I'm glad to read that our front desk staff made were able to make the hotels changes for you with our sister hotel in Burnaby. Going the "extra mile" to make sure your mis-placed luggage also got to our hotel was to make your visit the best.

Will pass on your comments on our comfortable bed and toiletries to make your stay like home away from home. Nothing better then waking up to the best view in town!

Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

Edmonton
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The professional pictures are quite misleading (aren't they all) so please take note. However for the age of the hotel the rooms and amenities were not to bad. Was here for work and it was close to where we needed to be.

The rooms I stayed in was dated, however was very spacious and had comfortable beds which is what is important to me. I didn't try the restaurant in the hotel but did have a few glasses of wine at the sit up bar and the service was great with generous wine pours :)

Customer service at the front desk was below average and didn't really feel welcomed. My expectations are high when it comes to customer service and at minimum I should have received a smile.

I would stay here again for business however not for leisure.

Some upgrades and newly updated interiors are required, however as stated this hotel has aged well.

Room Tip: Ensure you get a end unit. I had 410 which was nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Exec405, Front Office Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Shaun from Edmonton,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam and Conference Centre upon returning from your last stay.

We appreciate your positive comments and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a work related stay.

At this time I wish to inform you that our hotel is 14 years "young" and we are always in the process of upgrades to our guestrooms and in-house services. A guest's comments are always helpful in making our staff better. I will pass your comment on to improve our guest service.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Best Western Chelsea Inn
Inn at the Quay
#1 of 3 in New Westminster
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam

Been to Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam? Share your experiences!