“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel was the site of a tradeshow / conference I was a participant in and after a quick browse of local hotels for prices and amenities I decided to stay at the location. The hotel was clean, staff was polite and helpful, amenities were good and the prices were competitive. All in all I had no issues at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Exec405, Front Office Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Elaine R,
Thank you for your wonderful response which we will share with our awesome staff members. You as business traveller, to various conferences will need to staff in hotels along the way. We are happy that we met all the requirements for the event. We look forward to your next stay with us. Sincerely, Alex Kempenaar, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Executive Plaza a number of times during Festival du Bois and always found it to be a good hotel. This time, my son left his "planche", a board that he uses for foot percussion when playing French Canadian music. A few days later, we received an email from the desk manager, asking us if we had forgotten this odd piece of luggage. He had found it, and tracked us down to return it. He offered to mail it to us in Seattle! My experience, in the States, is that something forgotten is gone, whether from a hotel or a rental car. I've never had any luck retrieving lost items. So, we decided to go back up and spend a weekend in Vancouver. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff knew who we were, we met the manager and were able to thank him, and they recommended seeing the Saint Patrick's Day parade the next day, complete with instructions on how to get there and insider places to go. We were so impressed that it certainly rated a review.

The rooms are quiet, comfortable, with nice decor, nice views. We used the mini-fridge for our food from home. It's a great place to stay and during Festival du Bois, they provided a room for jamming with the musicians. It was close to the Sky Train to go into Vancouver. Great place! Amazing staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Recently our house had been flooded and we were looking for a place to stay while they were fixing up the mess caused by faulty plumming, after looking at hotels around Coquitlam we finally came across the Executive Inn. Upon arrival we were greated and excorted to our room. We stayed in the Suite and there was more than enough room for the 3 of us. The service at the hotel was superb and we were treated like family for the 2 1/2 months we stayed. Although this hotel looks like it attracts mainly business visits it also has a lot of ammenities for the kids, Most importantly it was close to great shopping, resturants and transit. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a nice enviroment to relax and enjoy Vancouver from outside of downtown to stay here.

Room Tip: for traveling with family or if you were looking for more room i would highly recommend you check ou...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Top reasons to loathe this hotel:
- why are soggy, cold eggos considered an acceptable breakfast item?
- the Internet is unusable. In the evening, I couldn't even connect; they said I was the 'first complaint' so they reset the router. The Internet was tolerable for 10 minutes, after which it slid downhill and I gave up
- the drain in the bathtub made shower into a bath
- whose grandmother did they hire as interior designer?
- they forgot to attach the free breakfast to my reservation
- they have a small tree of free apples. Red delicious. Do they not know what havoc the 'red disgusting' wreaked upon Washington state?
- one dollar a minute to Alberta. Seriously? The insufferable Internet is intentional, isn't it, to force you away from Skype to overcharged developing-world long distance rates.
- two double beds for a single business traveler. What, for me and three hookers?

This hotel is enraging. Sadly, Coquitlam and Burnaby offer few alternatives.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank anonymous1052
Novato, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for business and I have to say the staff is wonderful. Eduardo helped me with my luggage as i have a horrible back, he was very professional and helpful. The room was immaculate, i usually stay at Fairmonts and the Executive was on par with the best. I do have to say that the furniture is a little worn and the bathroom wasn't as clean as it should be but it met my needs. In the morning my back was killing me so I decided to stay in bed and order room service, I ordered the Executive Express and it was the perfect way to end a short stay and again kudos for such professional staff! My server Paul was very professional and knowledgeable, I asked him about good places to eat for lunch near the airport as i was meeting a old friend before my flight and he was very helpful and gave me a great recommendation to go to Chop steakhouse. To conclude, Keep doing what you're doing! and please change furniture and clean the rooms a little better, your hotel has great potential of being the best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BenJ1212
Exec405, Front Office Manager at Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear BenJ1212, We like to thank you for choosing the Executive Plaza Hotel for you last business trip to Coquitlam. It is great to hear positive comments about our hotel in comparison to other chain hotels in the lower mainland. I will pass on the your kind words of praise to our staff members Eduardo and Paul for their great efforts to make your stay more enjoyable.
As in all our Executive Hotels our housekeeping department is doing it's utmost to keep the required standands to par. Management attention is also required to the staff in order to achive the set goals of cleaniness.
Once again, thank you for all your words of incourgement so we may reach our hotel's potenial of being the best in Coquitlam. sincerely, Alex Kempenaar, Front Office Manager
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We came to Burnaby/Coquitlam to visit my dad and spend some time with him.

We considered staying in downtown Vancouver but we decided to make my dad and our kids spending time with their grandfather the priority - so we found this to be the best option for us considering that we were in suburban Vancouver. t was close to pretty much all amenities (shopping, food, highways) and our kids loved the heated pool- so points for that...

However it pains me to walk into a hotel room and go into a washroom and see mold on tiles in the bath/shower surround. Mold in the shower is probably the NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT on many TripAdvisor reviews from hotels around the world, yet it seems that hotel managers/owners seem to not be reading/hearing it. Would it be so difficult to send you cleaning staff around with a bottle of Clorox Clean Up and a razor blade, and go treat any small areas with mold this way every time they go into a hotel bathroom to clean?
I hope that the manager of this hotel hears this friendly suggestion loud and clear.

Furthermore, it looked like our room wasn't vacuumed daily either.
Evidence of this, were the toys our sons left on the floor...that were in the same place every day we came back to our hotel room.

We also discovered a slow moving drain in our tub, which the hotel repaired the next day after asking two times...

I admit I have very high cleanliness expectations, but hotel managers/owner should too!
Cleanliness is often an important factor in gaining high or low ratings so why don't more hotel managers/owners take better care in enforcing this?

I can take ugly drapes and scary blankets, but I CANNOT ACCEPT A DIRTY HOTEL ROOM/BATHROOM.

Next time I visit my dad, I will bite the bullet and stay downtown at a boutique hotel and make the commute instead...sorry, we gave this a shot, and I was disappointed.

My suggestions to the hotel is to get your cleaning staff better trained. Have them learn to spot mold, have them learn to wipe down ALL SURFACES (the skirt of our bathroom vanity looked like it was splatter remnants of vomit on it from a previous guest- lovely) and to VACUUM EVERY DAY.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank annabellala
North Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This review pertains to this hotel's restaurant, the 'Copper Club Grill & Lounge'.

I pruchased two discounted dinner vouchers through 'Travelzoo', and booked directly with the restaurant in early December for the first Saturday night in January. On December 21, my wife and I went on a Christmas holiday. We returned on January 2 to a telephone message that the restaurant would be closed until January 7, and the caller lamely stated 'I don't know why one of our staff accepted your reservation'.

I don't care why. Inadequate training and oversight by management comes to mind. This reservation was on their books for weeks before anyone attempted to get in touch with us.

NOT acceptable at all. Travelzoo needs to oversee its vendors more closely! This is the SECOND time this has happened in the last three months. The other restaurant simply closed!

Not good enough, Executive Plaza. And not good enough, Travelzoo!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre
Inn at the Quay
Inn at the Quay
#1 of 2 in New Westminster
Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam? Share your experiences!