“Nice Place”

Urban Gate Bar & Grill
Ranked #208 of 339 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Cuisines: Persian
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have visited Urban Gate couple of times since I'm new to the neighbourhood. since I'm Persian I'm kinda picky on Persian food and trust me Urban Gate offers High quality Persian Food. But it's little bit overpriced, The waiters are young and treat you good ( although I have seen other comments on this one) but I am satisfied , and cannot tell about the quality of the coctails just because i have only ordered beer at the place. But overall it's cosy and comfy corner to chill with family and friends and have a great persian cuisine !

4  Thank RoozbeH

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stopped in at Urban Gate as heard it was a great place to go. When you have to wait 20 minutes to be asked for your drink, and then it comes wrong...don't even bother. I didn't think a Lemon Drop could be messed up, but you can't even sugar my rim....and you have to ask me what goes in it....really?? This was AFTER I ordered an apple martini and it tasted like dish water....I complain and the manager asks me, what's wrong with it? I respond...taste it....and he proceeds to question me...I explain I will make it easier on them to simply bring me a lemon drop...What a disaster?!?!?
Didn't stick around for more lousy service or to try the lousy food, as I am sure they would have asked me how to make my own steak!?!?!?!?

10  Thank Twilight2012
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I go to the restaurant regularly....great specials and appetizers. When the weather is nice, the patio is great.

The regular servers are very attentive and always make you feel well looked after.

Highly reccomended!!

3  Thank shopboss
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I went with a bunch of friends. We get together once a month for dinner and like to try places in our neighbourhood. Urban Gate has well priced meals. I had a burger and fries. The downside was the long pice of brown hair in my food. Yuck. I told our server and she said "oh no" but that was it. When I got my bill my burger was not deducted. I paid without complaining but I won't be back.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Urban Gate is both a bar and a restaurant. It looks like your typical neighbourhood bar/grill, and it is. Lots of TV screens playing sports, if you’re looking for a burger.

What’s surprising is that amid the burgers and salads, there’s another Persian menu of very good kebabs. Try the shallot yoghurt—very yummy!

This is not a restaurant to bring a vegetarian to, however, unless all they want to eat is Spinach Salad or Caesar Salad. There is literally nothing else on the menu for them.

In summary, if you’re passing by and want something decent to eat, it’s OK. We only tried the Persian menu, and it was fine. We’d stop there again if hungry and in the neighbourhood. But we wouldn’t go out of our way to go there.

1  Thank sfp58