Came off the Alaskan cruise and needed a place to stay in Vancouver. Wanted to be near the SkyTrain station (10 minutes walk to Braid station) but didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for hotel stay. The price for the room was very reasonable, so I wasn't expecting much - but I was wrong!! The staff were awesome. They were friendly, attentive, and made us feel like home. I was worried that the hotel was close to the highway and would be noisy, but didn't hear a thing in our room. The hotel is little dated, but is clean and provided free WiFi!! The coffee in the room was Seattle's Best, not some generic coffee (Nice!!).
In the morning, we went to the free breakfast. Wasn't expecting much, but was I wrong. It was self serve, but had muffins, toasts, hard boiled eggs, sausages, waffles (you need to make them, but very easy), real juices (not artificially flavored water), yogurts, etc.
When we left, the manager offered to drive us to the train station when he saw that we were going to walk there with our luggages, but since he was only one at the desk, we needed to wait a little for another staff to come in before he can drive us. We didn't take the offer since we needed the walk after the big free breakfast. But it was a wonderful ending to our stay.
I would stay here again, you can't beat the service and the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At our Coquitlam hotel, we believe our guests deserve only the best, which is why free parking, free Wi-Fi and a free breakfast is standard. Start your day at the waffle station and move onto a selection of cereals and pastries, fresh fruits, yogurt, 100% Arabica coffee and chilled juices. Spend the afternoon lounging in the pool or resting after a day of exploring the area. The region is known for some excellent sightseeing, such as the Boulevard Casino and Red Robinson Theatre. Take the Skytrain to downtown Vancouver and explore the area by foot. The nearby Coquitlam Center and Laugheed Mall are just a short distance from our Coquitlam hotel. Many of our guests visit for IKEA shopping, and we’re happy to accommodate truck parking at our hotel. Whether you’re here for the attractions or for a shopping adventure, we’re your home away from home. Our Coquitlam hotel is a 2012 TripAdvisor award winner, and we’re proud to offer you the best vacation experience possible. We also cater to business travelers, such as IKEA employees and travelers in town with the Royal Columbia Hospital. From business to leisure, we have you covered with a great location and many complimentary amenities. The friendly staff at our Coquitlam hotel can provide you with shopping and dining recommendations. If you need some advice on must-see Vancouver attractions, depend on us to ensure you have a memorable and enjoyable stay. We’re a family-friendly hotel, but many groups and couples also choose to stay with us, too. At our hotel, we take the responsibility of making sure you have a great time seriously. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Best Western, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Chelsea Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chelsea Hotel Coquitlam
- Best Western Coquitlam
- Coquitlam Best Western
- Best Western Chelsea Hotel