“Volleyball trip”

Best Western Chelsea Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
“Volleyball trip”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

They were so good to us accomodated all our needs great service

• Stayed February 2012
Mosmani, General Manager at Best Western Chelsea Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we provided great customer service. It is something we strive for, and knowing that you had a pleasant stay makes us feel like we are doing a great job.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
Kimberley, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I just wanted to take a moment after returning home from our 4 night stay at the Chelsea Inn and share with you a couple comments regarding our stay. I wanted to contact you personally rather than do an online rating, as I want to ensure Management recognize my comments are genuine.

My only regret is that I neglected to obtain the front Desk Attendant's name, however I can tell you she was working the Friday 24th evening shift. During the evening an intoxicated idiot proceeded to discharge a fire extinguisher on the third floor hallway after pounding on our room door and disturbing my wife. ( I was not in the hotel at that time as I was dropping off my daughter). After the alarms were set off my wife made her way to the lobby to wait out the situation. Upon my return we were permitted to return to our room, with a few minimal disturbances following our return.

However, what stood out most for the both of us was the superb care, attention, and apologies offered by the young lady on the Desk. Even after our return to our room we received a call from the Front Desk further apologizing for the disturbance. This event was certainly out of the control of the Hotel staff yet they were most concerned about our comfort. It is rare in today's world of business to have such dedicated, and caring staff that took control of a situation that was really out of their control or doing. Thus I felt compelled to write you and share my comments.

I bring this to your attention primarily as I said so that genuine recognition can be provided to the polite, respectful and kind staff. We will definitely return to your Hotel as well as recommend to any traveling friends that may be looking for accommodation in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on backside might be slightly quieter, given the location.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your positive comments about our staff at our property. We want you to feel like family when you stay here and that our hotel is your home away from home. Thank you again!
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had a great few nights staying at the Chelsea Inn, I was there with my volleyball team and the management and staff could not have been more hospitable. Thank you for making our stay carefree!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on our hotel. We welcome teams and want you to feel comfortable while staying here. We welcome you back in the near future.
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have never been taken care of better than I was when our Team stayed at the Best Western Plus Chelsea Inn. Management and Staff were AMAZING! There were extremely welcoming and absolutely GREAT!
I would be happy to recommend this hotel to ANYONE looking for a clean place that is run by people that care about you and not just your money.
THANKS AGAIN!

Room Tip: Rooms with Kitchenette are a bonus
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Having stayed in a few Best Westerns , our most satisfactory experience to date is this Best Western in Coquitlam BC. It is a very clean Hotel, VERY friendly staff and marvellous beds. This was the best sleep we have ever had. The General Manager, Mr Masood Osmani, informed us that the beds are all brand new. Mr Osmani was very up beat, friendly and personable. We plan to stay there again next month.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Debbie M
So happy to hear that you had such a great sleep on our beds. We are proud of our new beds and the sleep they provide. Thank you!
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay and the Chelsea Inn this weekend. The staff is extremely accommodating and it was a treat for the three nights my volleyball team and I spent there. Thanks for meeting our every need.
VIU Mariners volleyball.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JoeHolder
We are thrilled taht we met your expectations of a hotel for your trip over from Naniamo! Thank You and please come again.
Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband, 16yr old daughter and myself checked in on the 10th of Jan/12. We are from up north and my husband was having open heart surgery at the Royal Columbian Hospital on the 16th. Needless to say we were all under alot of stress and worry. When we checked in there was a mix up on the part of expedia, not the hotel , however, the manager came over and made things right by giving us the famiy room (very nice!!) for the few nights we had initially booked at the price we were quoted by expedia. Once those days were up gave us another room at a fair rate and we settled in for the long hall. After a bunch of preliminary tests the day of surgery arrived. By this time we had gotten to know all of the staff and housekeeping, and everyday some or all of them would ask us how we were doing. Once my husband was out of icu I flew our daughter home and it was just me at the hotel. I made a trip twice a day to the hospital and everyday housekeeping and the front desk staff would ask how things were going. Every morning I would go down for the offered free breakfast which, by the way, was especially nice since it was one less thing to worry about. At breakfast, staff would always ask how my husband was doing, how my daughter was doing and how I was doing, it was very nice to have them ask. The hotel became my home away from home of sorts. The staff regardless of what they were doing always went out of their way to be polite, it made a trying time a lot me bearable. We stayed at the hotel from Jan. 10th to Feb. 3rd/12. Now if you are looking for a 4 star hotel with 4 star amenities, this is not your hotel. If you are looking for a little home away from home, where the rooms are clean and quiet, and the housekeeping and front desk staff treat you like an extended member of the family...then book your next stay here. Great value for the money, friendly compassionate staff. To me and my family, it is worth more the service and caring we recieved than how many stars and amenities it did or didn't have. Thank - you so much!! Tawnya C.

Room Tip: We had a kitchenette, it was helpful to be able to have a few groceries of our own to cut down on th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank titawniyia
We understand how lonley of a time it can be when you are with a loved one in the hospital and no other family members. Thank you for sharing your wonderful story and we hope your husband is doing well since you have taken him home. Thank You from all the Staff and Management!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre
#1 of 3 in New Westminster
The Met Hotel
The Met Hotel
#2 of 3 in New Westminster

Been to Best Western Chelsea Inn? Share your experiences!