“Safety and Comfort”

Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Recently stayed the weekend at this Best Western. Its indoor "aquatic fun centre" great for families of all ages. Very well laid out. For those not wishing to partake in the aquatic fun, they have a quieter wing. Rooms were well laid out and very clean. Good value for the money. Close to university and good shopping. Only negative was there was no complimentary breakfast - strange for a Best Western

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 5, 2013

BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre
319 North Road | Coquitlam | British Columbia, Canada | V3K 3V8

From the front desk receptionist, Jodi to the room and guest services, I was treated with sincerity and a concern for my well-being. My room was nicely decorated, very clean and comfortable. Due to the latest of my arrival, I ordered a meal from quest services. The dinner was delivered promptly; very well prepared and great food......all, with a smile and pleasant staff to deal with. The following evening was no exception with a lwell prepared meal and so nicely presented. Both dinners were reasonably priced, especially for the preparation and the quality of the food.

My overall experience at the 'BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre was very nice and I would highly recommend the services their staff provided as I felt they were extraordinaire. I learned that several staff members have over '20' and 25' years of services with this Inn. A good testament as to how Management treats their staff reveals a greater hospitality to a quest.

The decorum, Atrium and accommodations afforded me a quiet room and a great sleep. I will be returing to this Inn on my next trip to the region.

Thank you.

John Thomas,
Orleans, Ontario

Room Tip: King-size bed rooms afford more working space and are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We only stayed for one night at the Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre and it was an absolute delight!
The room was warm, welcoming and comfortable. We had our own jacuzzi, a double-head shower and the newspaper at the door (in the morning) was an excellent addition to the stay. We also very much enjoy the atrium & the swimming-pool but could definitely have done without the teenager birthday party with 12 girls screaming around from 5-7pm!!
The other down side of our one night stay (if you want to be picky) would be the sauna. I am not sure if it was for safety reason or simply broken but the sauna temperature was not up to standard. Typically between 70 °C (158 °F) and 90 °C (212 °F), the sauna induces relaxation and promotes sweating - The Best Western sauna being at 40-45 °C, none of this two expected effects were experienced.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family stay but also for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Second level rooms with a balcony facing the swimming pool (romm #233 was just PERFECT!!)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I thought this would have been a bit run down by how it looks from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms, huge Atrium and nice restaurants. I would go back for sure....Also there was a liquor store right beside the hotel, which made it nice and easy to grab a bottle of wine and head back to the room.

Room Tip: I had a standard room and it was more than fine.....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had originally reserved my stay at a neighbouring Best Western Plus (the Chelsea Inn on Brunette Ave - AVOID it at all costs!), and arrived late at the BW+ Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre without a reservation. It is a beautiful hotel, with nice, comfortable rooms. It was very quiet, and I slept very well. Perhaps the most important factor for me was the service. Everyone that I interacted with, from the night shift front desk to the manager Tereza were pleasant and helpful. They assisted me with the problems I was having with the Chelsea Inn (including the manager of that hotel who tried to steal from me!).

I stayed in a room at the back side of the pool/atrium. It was well insulated, and with only minor exceptions I heard no noise the entire weekend. The whole area smells delicious and fresh thanks to the many plants (almost a jungle!) that grow in the courtyard. I really liked the layout of my room. It had a small sitting area, a desk, and a big king bed. The bathroom was well appointed, and there was a small alcove outside of the main bathroom that had a second sink and mirror. That would be really useful for couples and families.

Parking was free, and I had dinner in the in-hotel pub which was very tasty.

I highly recommend this hotel! Please read my review of the BW Chelsea Inn if you are having trouble deciding on a Coquitlam hotel. Then pick the Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

we really like mark, he is friendly and shakes our hands welcoming us into his sweet lobby. I can see the top of my head when I am checking in and when I look up and it helps me perfect my hockey hair. We stay here for work all week and really like our morning papers in our door. I am sure if I asked Mark,he would change the oil in my sweet work van. This hotel is great but Mark makes it real sweeet, excellent reviews from us and I would even lend him my van.

Room Tip: 408 is a sweet room if ya need a big tub and kitchen.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BWPlusCoquitlamInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest:

Wow! Thank you so much for this fabulous review about the customer care and accommodations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn.

We take great pride in providing top guest services so its great to read that you feel welcome and right at home at our Hotel. I will be sure to share your remarks with Mark and our entire team. Please note that I will also be sure to submit your comments as an Employee of the Month nomination for Mark.

Thank you again for your review.

Best wishes for a healthy and happy 2013!

Regards,

Tereza McDermid

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Inn is close to several major roads/highway and many other stores, so it's easy to find this place and to get around for shopping and eating. The lobby is well decorated, the staff is very nice and knowledgeable about local areas, and the room is clean. Probably due to the unique layout of the building complex, it was initially hard to find the room with the instruction given by the front-desk staff. There is no elevator and the interior condition of the hallway and the room seems to be out-dated. The parking lot is huge, so it's easy to find a slot and it's free.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TripReviewer290
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam
The Met Hotel
The Met Hotel
#2 of 3 in New Westminster

Been to Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre? Share your experiences!