“Roman room review” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Victoria, Canada
“Roman room review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was upgraded to the Roman room, I was staying at hotel for work, and found the room quite dark and difficult to move around because of how big the bed was. It would have been great if I had someone to stay in room with....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank 99Jax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just an over night stay but enjoyed every minute from the time I entered the lobby. Was greeted by Adam & Mark and they graciously upgraded my room. Room was nice and clean and the bed was comfy! We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed the food and service too.

Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have often stayed at Best Westerns and know them quite well. So I thought I knew what I was getting. Stayed one night. Good things first - very friendly at check in and check out. Nice lobby. Very comfy bed. Not so great - no elevator - I was on the 2nd floor a loooong way from check in. Had to carry my bags upstairs - not too much of a problem and they did ask if I needed help. Got to my room along an outdoor walkway. Got in my room and realized - no windows to the outside. Mine was a corner room so I look out at the wall of the next room's balcony. All rooms face inward to the centre of the hotel. Couldn't turn off the balcony light so that was too bad. My door faced onto the parking lot and I could hear every car start, conversations outside. I had to open the door in the morning to see what the weather was like. If the lack of outdoor facing windows doesn't bother you, then you'll be fine. It is more like a motel than hotel. Just not for me.

Room Tip: Do not book a corner room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BWPlusCoquitlamInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I was happy to read that you were pleased with our service, lobby design, etc., however, I am sorry we were not able to accommodate you in one of our many guestrooms that do have large windows facing the outdoors and standard interior hotel corridors.

As you mentioned, we do have a handful of rooms with windows with good quality black-out drapes that face an interior tropical garden courtyard (as opposed to outside), and a private exterior entrance, but we do understand that this room type may not be suitable for all Guests. If we have the good fortune of welcoming you back in the future, when making your reservation, please request the location/room feature you prefer, and we will do our very best to accommodate you.

At this time, I would like to note that the BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre is a full service 3-Diamond AAA hotel and proud recipient of the Best Western International Chairman's Award for Outstanding Quality Assurance in June 2012.

Thank you again for your review, and please contact me if I can be of any assistance.
Barrie, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

The location was close to the event we were attending, both during the day Saturday and Saturday evening. The suite was just what we needed, fully equipped and close to stores. The restaurant on site was a good one too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPlusCoquitlamInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review... I'm glad you found our central location to be convenient! Being located on the borders of Coquitlam, Burnaby and New Westminster is a big plus for our business and leisure guests who want to access key venues, great shopping and dining. On the topic of dining, I'm glad to see you enjoyed our restaurants too! Both Rockwell's Bar & Grill and The Pantry are open 7 days a week and the new menus are coming out soon.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Regards
Port Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very disappointed in how our family was treated by the staff while celebrating my father's 80th birthday at the Best Western Plus Coquitlam. After being assured by the event planner, Cheryl, that we could use the room until 6:00 am and being told that the bartender would stay as long as we ordered drinks, it was very disappointing to be told we had to vacate the room at 9:00 pm. We had family members come from all over BC who booked rooms at the hotel and we paid plenty to have them cater the dinner for us (never order the mediterranean chicken - disgusting!) with everyone keeping the bartender busy. I might add that I had a spider crawl across the table at my place setting, ewww! I couldn't believe it when they told us to shut down at 9:00. Sadly everyone was sent to their rooms! I would never book another event at this venue! I'd heard of others having problems with them, but thought it was a one off. Apparently they don't seem to follow through on their promises!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sharon V
Thank you for comments about your experience as a Guest attending a private event that was held in one of our banquet rooms. I am sorry that you are disappointed that the birthday dinner for 25 did not continue on well past 9:00 pm that evening. Please understand that event time, as confirmed by the party's organizer in writing, was from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. and our staff followed policy by winding the bar down at 9:00 pm. Unfortunately staffing levels and BC Liquor laws did not permit us to run the event past that time and into the morning hours.

With regards to your choice of dinner entrees that evening, I am sorry you didn't enjoy the Mediterranean Chicken dish. I have shared your comments with our catering team and the Chef to see how we might improve the dish for future guests. Lastly, please accept my apologies for the spider that you saw in the room. Our entire property is professionally-treated by a pest control company every thirty days, however, from time to time, a common spider will gain access to the hotel from outside.

With all of this being said, I would like to assure future guests that they can be sure that our property is a leader in customer care and well-maintained; I hope that one negative review will not deter anyone from a long history of a good reputation.

Thank you for your review.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn
vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was given a complimentary one night stay and even upgraded for free! I cannot say enough good things about the Manager, Diane. She did everything to make my stay at the hotel during my birthday.
What a pleasant surprise to find as i entered the two bed room suite, a box of chocolates and birthday card.

I enjoyed the pool/hot tub, and it was very quiet as Diane had indicated before i made reservations. I was looking for a quieter time at the hotel.

My friend who stayed with me, found the hotel to be one fo the nicest she has stayed at too. The front desk staff are also so friendly and very helpful. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
My daughter is asking for me to plan her birthday sleepover there again!

Room Tip: I love the 2 bedroom suites that have a kitchen, nice bedrooms and a home feel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank vancouverpatel
British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

At the time of making our one night booking at the Best Western PLUS Coquitlam, in advance of attending the final 2 days of the LPGA Tournament at the Vancouver Golf Club, I informed Adam that we would not be adverse to an upgrade. A few weeks later, we were greeted by Chantelle at check-in and informed that we had, in fact, been allocated a 2 bedroom suite. The Unit was very clean, quiet and suited our needs perfectly. That evening, at Francine's suggestion, we had a superb roast beef dinner at Rockwell's Restaurant on site. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast at the Hotel the next morning before heading back to the Golf Course. The Hotel allowed us to leave our car parked in their lot all day Sunday which enabled us to taxi to and from the Golf Club. We had visited the Best Western PLUS Coquitlam on a previous occasion a few years earlier and will be back - Peter & Ann.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 252Peter252
BWPlusCoquitlamInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Peter and Ann:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about the BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your second stay with us while playing golf nearby at the Vancouver Golf Club!

A special thank you too for mentioning the good service you received from Adam, Chantelle and Francine. I will be sure to give them a copy of your review and post it for the rest of our amazing team to see.

Take care and thank you for your business.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Tereza McDermid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown

Been to Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre? Share your experiences!