“Wonderful place to stay--customer service on steroids :)”

Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My experience with the wonderful customer service at the BW Coquitlam began long before I walked in their doors. My sister and I wanted to stay close to the hospital because my brother-in-law was going to be having heart surgery. Because of the repeated rescheduling of his surgery, the front desk staff at the BW received almost daily calls from me, asking at the last minute to change our arrival date. They accommodated them all, not only with a smile, but with genuine concern for what we were going through. When we finally did arrive, and got to meet all the people who had been so wonderful on the phone, we soon found out that it wasn’t just a few of the staff who were so customer focused. Every last person we encountered during our 4-night stay was warm, friendly, and so very helpful. The hotel itself was very clean, comfortable and very well maintained, and the pool “garden” area was an especially peaceful place to go and unwind. I spoke with the General Manager before we left, and it was clear to me why this is such an incredible team—they consider themselves family.
Personally, I am not so interested in all the trappings of a hotel, although the BW Coquitlam is certainly lovely—I think that the people who welcome you there really make the difference, and I am so very impressed with the entire experience of the BW Coquitlam.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We have stayed at this particular hotel 5 or 6 times check in and out is easy and the front desk people are very helpful. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfy. There is plenty of shopping near and skytrain is close if you want to go into Vancouver. The restaurant (Rockwells) is very good too and not too busy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We book our volleyball team in at this hotel every year and the team is always very happy with the stay. Staff are friendly and always willing to assist and accommodate in anyway they can. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the kids love the pool...which closes down at a reasonable time to ensure everyone gets a good nights sleep! The restaurant downstairs is willing to take pre-orders for breakfast so it is ready in the morning when you arrive and the food is good!
There are grocery stores, restaurants and a shopping mall all within walking distance.
I highly recommend this hotel for sports teams or even a personal stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside over look the pool but it closes down at 10pm so this is not a problem for noise...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
BWPlusCoquitlamInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your kind words - and thank you for returning to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam with your group year after year! Please pass my compliments to all of your team members - they are always a delight to serve and very respectful of house policies and our other weekend guests. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

my thanks to all @ your well managed place to stay . the housekeeping , front desk personnal are true professional .
having the ability to accomindate our ,puppy, is a great service
i will always recommend your facility and we will be back .
also i am a Best Western customer as i travel .

THANKS

Room Tip: great service , call ahead busy place .
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Dear B C ,

Thank you for the positive feedback and Guest referrals! We love puppies at the Hotel and are pleased to offer a total of six designated "Pet Friendly" rooms on the main floor. For your future visits, please note that our Pet Rooms may be booked online or by calling the Hotel direct.

Thank you again for your business, and I hope your little guy (or gal) enjoyed the treats at check-in!

Regards
BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre

Tereza McDermid

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel with our Nanaimo girls lacrosse teams for tournaments and Provincials for the past 4 years. We rescently stayed with them and booked 40 rooms and 2 suites. Diane and the staff have always been so accommodating. This hotel is close to the shopping mall and grocery store as well as many of the surrounding arenas. It has an indoor swimming pool for the younger teams. Our Jr team cooked all our meals in one of the 2 bedroom suites to cut down on costs and make sure our girls were eating healthy, There are two onsite restaurants for teams that want to just eat out. I would highly recommend the Coquitam Best Western Convention Centre!
Shawna Angell Nanaimo Jr Girls Lacrosse

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SAngell
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Was just in Texas for a week in a bad hotel where I had to change rooms twice. This trip I had my family with me, it was such a relief to have great staff, clean rooms, aything and everything you needed right there for you! Great place, can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: If you've got your family with you ask for the "Family Suite" 2 bedrooms !
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I recently booked this hotel for a Ringette team, so I was booking 15 rooms and 2 suites. Diane was a big help and the hotel was exactly what we were looking for. Great rooms, clean, good size, personal service and they had suites. The two bedroom suite was great for making meals and resting our team of athletes and parents. When I first talked to Diane I had a good feeling and knew that her above and beyond attitute was going to give us that at home feeling. Whenever I had a question for Diane or needed something for the kitchenette in the suite she always was very quick and informative and they made sure our suite had all the cooking tools we needed. The hotel was very nice and had a real homey feel, which is what you want when you are staying 8 nights and your coming from Ontario. We stay at many hotels during our travels all over Ontario, and this one was a great experience for everyone on the team.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area. The front desk staff was very helpful and always was more than willing to help us with directions to various tourist destinations (on our one day off from Ringette).

The rooms were clean, and big enough for 4 people, beds were comfortable and had everything you need for a week stay. The hotel in general was clean and nice on the inside. The renovations are beautiful in the lobby and the pool area was very relaxing and nice.

Only thing this hotel needs, is a better work-out room with weights and machines.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Goldhawk4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown

Been to Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre? Share your experiences!