“An oasis for weary travellers!”

Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Coquitlam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 22, 2011

After spending 3 nights at an outdated and overpriced motel on the Island, we found ourselves stuck in ferry traffic and unable to travel back to the Northern Interior last week. We have stayed at the Coquitlam Inn a few other times in the past couple of years and once again, this fantastic facility did not disappoint! As usual, the room was spotless, quiet and the pool is just heaven for kids. After 3 sleepless nights in another popular chain (doors slamming at all hours/noisy plumbing) we needed a good rest before heading home. It's our favorite place to stay in the lower mainland when travelling with the family....close to IKEA, skytrain and Lougheed Mall. Definitely the nicest Best Western we have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank michie0104

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Ever since we moved to Nanaimo from Vancouver, we spend at least 3-5 trips a year always at this wonderful hotel! Not only is the place welcoming and elegant but the staff, from the front desk to the housekeepers, are exceptional. We are teated like family and have encouraged many other families from both the Nanaimo Lacrosse and Hockey Leagues to stay there. My daughter plays in the Junior Women's Division but we've spread the word to all of the age divisions over the years.
The rooms are immaculate and have been recently updated, the pool is clean and inviting and the restaurants rival any in the city. Love the Sunday Brunch!
We're customers for life! Please keep up the terrific customer service and I'll continue to send lots of business your way.
Looking forward to walking into the beautiful lobby and " feeling like we are at home" again as soon as possible!

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are wonderful especially if you have children. There are also family Suites wit...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mommakimNanaimo
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This Hotel is a great place to stay, with incredible staff from the front desk to the cleaning group. They treat you like they actually want your business, it is appreciated to be treated in that manor.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Hobbie38
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I've been to this hotel a few times over the past few years (either booked myself or my girlfriend) along with the Executive Inn which is on the same street. I used to prefer this hotel because I found the decor a bit more "fun" and engaging than the Executive Inn. I never once had a problem or issue at this hotel until my last stay from May 27 - May 31. One evening I come to my room to find my key not working. A bit baffled, my girlfriend tried her key and found that one to not work either. We went to the front desk to find the reason they do not work is because there was an issue with the plumbing for that room. How come I had to FIND THIS OUT by trying to get into the room instead of someone contacting me? I was told there was a message left in the room's voicemail. Gee thanks, I was able to listen to it after I was let into the room so I can go through the pain in the butt process of packing my stuff all over again to go to another room. I can commiserate with the plumbing issue, but what I find completely unacceptable is not to be called ON MY CELL WHERE I CAN BE REACHED and be told about this so I can adjust my day accordingly and not be late to my dinner plans. Leaving me a voicemail on a room I'm locked out of doesn't help. It shows me the hotel does not appreciate their customers or respect their time, so I don't see any compelling reason why I'd ever return to this hotel when there is a comparable hotel a block away that would.

Lastly, I will say the front desk staff was nice and seemed to understand why I was upset, albeit they were not empowered to do anything about it. I did inform them I would be contacting their home office (which is exactly what I am doing next).

Room Tip: Just go to the Executive Inn instead
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DKerman
Ms_MTM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Dear Mr. DKerman:

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your most recent stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre. Again, please accept our deepest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced as a result of a serious plumbing issue discovered in the wing of the hotel where your room was located this past Sunday.

At the time of what we considered to be an emergency situation, our Guest Services team did their best to ensure that all Guests affected by this plumbing issue were quickly assigned new rooms that they could move into right away as we were close to being sold out for the evening. Unfortunately the assignment of the new room forced the computerized locking system to “lock” you out of your room.

We are very sorry we did not attempt to call you at the phone number attached to your reservation during the time you were away from your guest room. Please understand our experience has been that most guests provide their home address and home or business phone number when making a booking, hence the reason we did not attempt to contact any in-house guests affected by the same problem using those same contact numbers.

We fully agree that your time is precious and again, we are sorry you did not get the level of customer service you experienced in the past as a guest at our Hotel.

Your satisfaction is very important to us, and so that you may renew your confidence in us, please note that a gift certificate for a complimentary night’s stay was mailed to the address we have on file for you the day after you checked out . It is my hope you will give us another chance to serve your lodging needs and show you that we still are your best hotel choice in the area when it comes to quality assurance, superior guestroom decor and engaging customer service.

We do appreciate hearing from you, as your comments are vital for us to continue improving our services at the Hotel.

Regards
BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre

Reviewed April 28, 2011

Excellent service from the hotel staff, always friendly and helpful. They don't just go through the motions like some hotel chains. They genuinely care about your comfort and well being.

The rooms are very cozy and comfortable, giving you the feeling of home while you are away. The atmosphere, especially the atrium, adds to the comfort and gives you a well deserved relaxing feeling.

Although the location is not directly off the highway as it seems none are in Canada, it is easy and convenient to get to. Two excellent restaurants on site, a pool and Jacuzzi make it so you can sit back, relax and not have worry about planning where to eat. Never a bad experience anytime I have stayed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Ms_MTM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your experience in staying with us! Your referral is the biggest compliment we could hope for and we truly appreciate that. We hope to welcome you back to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn for your next visit to Metro Vancouver.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

location is good, however what stands out for me is the way I am treated by the staff. I cannot say enough about them. Again VERY SATISFIED

Room Tip: become a rewards member
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank gary154932

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and the excellent review on our Hotel! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Excellent place to stay. Walking distance to shopping and light rapid transit. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2011

Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your recent stays at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre. It is so nice to know that you feel welcome at our hotel and enjoy the customer care provided by our entire team. I hope you enjoy the fresh new look of our guest rooms and lobby during your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tereza McDermid

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquitlam
Best Western Chelsea Inn
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam

Been to Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre? Share your experiences!