“Used to be very good before management change. Now not so great.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sushi Mori - CLOSED

Sushi Mori
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Used to be very good before management change. Now not so great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I have been going to this sushi restaurant for a few years now. We thought we would try this place a while back after frequenting O Sushi up on Westwood Plateau in Coquitlam.

Before the management changes we had excellent service & food. In fact the more we came in to this place they started to give us freebies, like a small bottle of sake as they saw I was drinking a medium sized one. We would also get complimentary rolls and gomae. The manager would always come and check in on us every now and again. Service was very attentive and polite. The menu was very good too with lots to choose at affordable prices.

Then, about a year ago the management changed. We stopped getting freebies, the service was a lot worse, the prices were raised, but the quality of food remained the same. Then a few months ago they revised their menu and made items more expensive.

We went there a few weeks ago, late one night around 9.15pm. We had a class to go to before so were tardy getting to our dinner. No other guests were in the restaurant apart from us then. We ordered our food and a few minutes later the server came back to confirm our order. She got one item completely wrong. She then changed it. Then when food arrived my wife had items missing from her order. Our server was in the middle of eating her dinner and just chit chatting with her friend which was obviously more important than serving us.

Service had gone downhill in a big way. The food is still good, though you will have a big job getting hold of it in the first place. After many, many times eating here we have decided to switch back to O Sushi. We will not come back to Sushi Mori.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Pitt Meadows, Canada
“Good food and reasonably priced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We often get lunch from here, and it is a lot of food for the price. It is very good, except for the tempura, it's often soaked in oil. I found their dinner prices a bit high. If you get the bento box, it's usually a good value. The service is okay, but can be slow and seemingly disorganized. For some reason I think it was a bit better when it first opened, but maybe that's just my opinion. It's good, not great, and i do recommend eating here.

• Visited July 2012
Port Moody, BC
“Disappointed this time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I had been to this restaurant twice before this visit with good results. I couldn't understand why we had to wait so long to be served when it wasn't very busy. The food was good but my granddaughter ordered the same "bento" box as me in child size and received her meal long before me. Was not good to be eating 1/2 of it when she was already done. Service was not good at all. Apparently they have changed owners since my last visit. I am going to try a different place next time.

• Visited December 2011