“Nice location, typical pub.”
Review of Original Joe's - CLOSED

Original Joe's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 23, 2013

the location is great with a nice view of Mount Baker. The food was typical pub fare. Okay taste and huge servings. Our waitress was very good.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have a severe gluten intolerance, and have seen other Original Joe's listed as gluten-free friendly. So, I asked the servers at this location about their procedures, and everything seemed good: I was told they had a separate spot on the grill for gluten-free items, and that they made sure everything was absolutely clean before using it for gluten-free items. Now, granted this does not mean they use entirely separate cookware for gluten-free meals, but I have been ok with that in the past.

First, my water glass tasted like beer - evidently their dishwasher is not good enough to get rid of old food or drinks.

Second - and this is the cincher - their gluten-sensitive menu said to order the side salad without cranberries, so I did. I was very clear with the waitress that the entire meal was to be gluten-free, and that I was very sensitive. She said the kitchen had been alerted. Half-way through my meal, I got to the bottom of my salad ... and found the cranberries.

I do not blame the waitress, as she was taken aback that I found cranberries in my salad. The fault evidently lies with the kitchen.

The kitchen was not careful enough to avoid placing a gluten-containing item (one which was noted on their menu to contain gluten) into a gluten-free meal. I don't trust any of their other procedures regarding gluten or other intolerances or food allergens, because of this.

I did react to the meal. I've been feeling ill ever since it, and expect to be ill for another 5 - 7 days, with lingering effects which peter off for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our final meal of our holiday in Canada. Spent with family who actually live here and recommended this pub. Excellent meal and great service. The weather was kind enough for us to sit on the terrace and view Mount Baker. Worth a visit. Well patronised.

1  Thank SouthportRaws
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We noticed the patio whilst shopping at Thrifty's and after checking the menu online decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The inside with a well stocked bar was quite basic with black top tables and a few booths but we decided to sit outside on the patio. Unfortunately as the sun set it was quite chilly and the propane heaters were apparently out of propane. In addition there was no lighting outside so by the time our food was served we could hardly see what we were eating. We ended up using a flashlight. However all that having been said we felt there was a wide variety of dishes on the menu and the food we ordered was good so we enjoyed our meal. Next time we will sit inside!!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went to Original Joe's with my wife and 2 daughters (7 and 4) for Father’s Day not knowing what to expect. We had only seen a couple of reviews (all positive) for this place in Trip Advisor. I will have to coincide 100% with the other couple of reviewers. The Customer Service is superb and the food is great. Even though there were not many people having dinner I don’t think I have anything bad to say about this place. We had a couple of beers to start (They have quite a big selection of beer on tap) and chocolate milk for the kids. Their Cesar is one of the best I’ve tried actually. Kid’s menu is not vas but they do have the usual: grilled cheese sandwich, chicken fingers, cheese pizza or little burger sliders. I had they Westocoast salad which has cranberries, chickpeas and a orange vinegar dressing with a shrimp skewer on the side. To die for really. My wife had a bruschetta which was pretty good according to her and yam fries to share. The girls helping us out kept coming to see if there was something we needed and cracking jokes with us. Really nice. We sat on a boot which is worth the mention as they are big and comfy. They have an outside area with a very nice view of Mount Baker. Will have to try that for sure. Parking is no problem as it is located inside a plaza with lots of it. Ended up being not bad in price for what we had and how we were treated. Avg of $18 per person.
The long and the short of it is that this is a place we will be returning for sure.
If your looking for a new option for a drink and an appetizer of a full dinner and you’ve never been here before, it is worth the try and I’m sure that you will agree with me and the other 4 or 5 reviewers about Original Joes.
A 4 smile restaurant!    