“felt like a vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of MarinaSide Grill - CLOSED

MarinaSide Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burnaby, Canada
“felt like a vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to the Marina Grill for breakfast outside on the patio and on a gorgeous sunny day there isn't much better than that. We had a great brunch - my husband had the smoked salmon eggs benny and loved it and I had the seafood omelette and it was chuck full of shrimp and scallops. Just delish. Even though they were very busy they never tried to get rid of us but kept coming with the coffee pot and gave great service.

• Visited May 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“great seafood with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This restaurant is tucked beneath the Iron workers bridge right on the Marina. The view is lovely especially as sunset. The seafood is reasonably priced and very good. Service could be a little faster but worth the wait.

• Visited April 2013
North Vancouver
“Very Good Food - Service Can Be Slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have dined at this spot for years. The spot is great for brunch on a sunny day on the deck. Most menu items are above average. On a rare occasion, the quality may be off a bit based on who is on the grill. The servers always try to do a good job. However on busy summer days, your meal may take a bit longer. Sit back and enjoy the view.

• Visited January 2013
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Let Down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We just had lunch at the Marina Grill on Sunday. We had been there before for the Prime Rib dinner which was good and priced well. They obviously have a great following for breakfast as the restaurant was still half full with people eating. When we came in we waited almost ten minutes before we were seated. Before that staff were coming and going but no one acknowledged us. After being seated we waited almost fifteen minutes before our waitress came to ask what we wanted for drinks and handing us the menu. During all this time the staff were chatting with the other patrons at length so it was not like everyone was rushed. I had the Chicken Ceasar and my husband had the fish and chips. My meal was decent but his was really greasy. The waitress did ask how things were before we had even tried the food. She never appeared again until we were finished. We said that we just wanted the bill so she came with the debit machine where my husband decided to speak up about his meal. Wrong on his part but she really got annoyed and said "Now you tell me" and proceeded to argue with him. Very unpleasant and not very professional on her part. I got the impression that no one cared there unless you were a regular who left a tip.It is a shame since I sense they have a loyal following but service like that with blatant disinterest in most of the customers will be their downfall. So even though the restaurant has been spruced up and my lunch was decent the service has put me off.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, Canada
“Always good now even better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have been coming here for years, and the Grill just keeps getting better. When the sun is out they have the best patio on the North Shore. Great service, great food and comfortable atmosphere. For years people have said the Tomahawk was the best breakfast on the North Shore. I say they are wrong!

• Visited September 2012