“Worst restaurant experience ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Persepolis - CLOSED

Persepolis
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Vancouver, Canada
“Worst restaurant experience ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my worst ever restaurant experience in my entire life. Why? ..
We went to the buffet last yesterday:
1- The lamp shank was finished and the waitress said she will bring more but the manager said when it is finished we don't bring more. In fact before we got there we asked him on the phone and he said "the buffet is always refilled for the entire day". LAIR!
2- The rest of the buffet was also half empty, so that you have to scoop off what was remaining.
3- The food quality is very, very low. Very fatty and salty. The kubideh is obviously made of meat leftovers plus tons of fat. LOUSY FOOD!
4- We had two rocks in our meal. My wife was very lucky who didn't break her teeth. After all when we paid the bill and even tip for the poor waitress (it wasn't her fault), and we complained to the manager, he was so "RUDE" to say "if you didn't want to pay the bill you should do it in the first place!!!". This guy is not qualified to run a resultant, he is more a pi*p rather than a restaurant manager. RUDE!!!
We did not argue with him for the sole reason that he was so low class and rude and we did not want to ruin our evening more than that!
Interestingly, when we complained about the rocks, another family also found rocks in the rice and hair in the salad sauce!!
If you like your health and money and time never, ever go there. There are plenty of better places.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank z b

Burnaby, Canada
“Fun & enjoyable evening!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I wanted to write a review for Persepolis, we were a party of 20 food, service, management and entertainment were excellent. If you get a chance this restaurant is a good choice, I am very critical when it comes to restaurants and I totally recommend it!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Torie90210
North Vancouver, Canada
“Worst experience EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Don't waste your time and money! Went there with friends and the food was very mediocre at best, the service was towards the end of the meal non-existing, cold draft from open door in kitchen (not pleasant in Dec). Just simply awful, and way better places in North Van!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank 4funnyfaces
Vancouver, Canada
“Empty premisses - that says something”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Dinner for 6, Sunday night. Now I am laughing for calling for reservation. We were the only people there. The server was good, she tried her best. The atmospher would be nice if it was busier. The real negative points were the food and price. I am not a novice and know a lot about Persian food. What I picture is a full plate of steaming rice, large BBQ tomatoes, tender meat. What we got was a plate with 2 handful of cold, dry rice but meat was good. For a portion of kubideh we paid about $12+tax. It only had 1 kebob. At other place u can get twice as much for $7.99 and better quality. My verdict-I will not be spending my time and money there again.

New Westminster, Canada
“Great food, great entertainment!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I went to Persepolis for a girls' night. There were 12 of us total, but we were one out of four large groups in the restaurant that night.

We decided to order appies and kebabs to share and that was a great way to go. We shared the Kashk O Bodemjoon (roasted eggplant), the Mast Musir (spicy shallot yogurt), the calamari and the hummus. All were delicious. The calamari was not gummy (I won't eat it if it is) and the eggplant was quite tasty. I also liked the yogurt (and I don't normally eat it as I'm not a big yogurt fan). Out of all of that, the only thing I didn't like was the pita bread that was served with the hummus. It was a bit chewy instead of crispy.

We had the beef and chicken kebabs (I could've sworn there was lamb in there too but looking at the menu again, I don't think there was). Those were delicious - so tender and tasty. I didn't care for the beef sirloin - it was a little tough compared to everything else.

The delivery of the appies and entrees was surprisingly fast for a group as large as ours, but the other groups had not ordered yet. When I ordered the chocolate cake for dessert, 30 minutes later, I joked that they were still mixing the ingredients and the batter together. A few minutes later, it came out and I was right - it was a little cake, about the size of a large muffin, and it was delicious and fresh out of the oven.

The entertainment was great. It may have been because there were three birthday parties going on, but the guy that was singing the whole night was very entertaining - even if I couldn't understand what he was singing! And the belly dancer was fantastic - she had more money sticking out of her bra and waist scarf at the end of her hour-long performance than I make in two days!

The crowd was also very friendly and inclusive. We were all dancing in a group and a group of people from one of the birthday parties had started, what I called the "Kurdish conga line". The woman at the end of that line grabbed one of my friends and we all joined in.

Although the food was pricey, it was a very fun night overall and the food was great. I would recommend Persepolis for a special occasion (it was a bit loud for a romantic evening!).

• Visited October 2011