“Modern restaurant with moody staff”
Review of The District

The District
Reserve with OpenTable
The District is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 386 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Esplanade Avenue
Description: The District is a New York-style eatery with beautiful brown banquettes and an open kitchen lined with a bar. They feature a cheese and meat plate to share and enjoy with wine, and also specials that are featured on the chalkboard at the entrance of the restaurant.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We visited after 10pm on Friday night- there was a wait which is expected but what was not expected was the bad attitude of one of the servers.We got the impression that she was non plussed that we were cramping the restaurant's style somehow.In one wing of the restaurant they had a live DJ which made it fun but maybe she was hoping for a younger demographic.The food was great-we had mussels,a burger fries and several drinks. The wood plank walls gave the place a warm feel-sort of stripped down alpine without the lace.Some of the staff were fine just one server got off on the wrong foot.

There are newer reviews for The District

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our son told us to go here and we really enjoyed it. We must go back next time we're in North Vancouver as I need to try the mussels. I watched them cooking them from our table and they looked so good. The beer list is amazing - better than most restaurant's wine list. And I must say that I've never, ever had better fries - fresh and crispy and soooo good.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Looking for a place to eat at the end of the Victoria Day holiday, we happened on this restaurant- casual food with a Dutch/Belgian slant. Looked like fun: crowded and as if most were having a good time. We ordered a Baked Brie to start, 3 burgers and a chicken dish and a crab cake. The food was just okay, nothing exceptional, although portions are large.
Unfortunately, possibly being the Bank Holiday weekend, they were woefully shortstaffed for a restaurant with 2 seating areas (only 2 staff and one chef). For the dishes mentioned above we waited nearly 1 and a half hours, by which time the restaurant had almost emptied out. To give credit where due, the servers were unfailingly polite and as helpful as they could be, and the chef, turning out all the dishes for a crowded restaurant had my sympathy.
Bottom line - I would give it another try to see if it was just a one-off average experience or whether that's the usual.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Walking by with my family we stopped in for a quick bite. My wife shared the Brunch Bowl with my daughter and they got that out to us quick, as I was having a tougher time deciding what to order. The Brunch bowl looked and tasted fantastic with lots of chorizo but I felt it was missing more peppers, onions, and could have used some spinach to make it a tad healthier. I finally decided on the burger, the tenderloin / sirloin patty was alright but lacked some flavour and depth. The toppings made up for it but probably would not order it again. Would like to go back to try the dinner menu and sample the cheeses and charcuteries listed on the chalk board inside. Service was more than attentive and the atmosphere was great, sitting in the hot sun with a view of the inlet enjoying brunch with my family.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The servers here are friendly and knowledgeable. The beer list is long and different which is great for beer lovers. Food is delicious. The atmosphere is cozy / urban / modern - young and happening (great for North Van!).