“Really Good”

Ranked #76 of 386 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We can not say enough about this restaurant. Upon reviewing the comments in Trip Advisor we were not sure what to expect. There is a negative undertone in a lot of the comments below yet our experience was that ever time we drove by, the restaurant was full. We recognize that comments could be staged or fake and posted by competitors or nefarious types so we thought we would give it a try. We were not disappointed. The food was good, the service was quick, and the older man (probably the owner) was just fine on the friendly scale. We would recommend the orange chicken or any of the beef dishes. Price was okay too. It looks a little dreary on the outside but the inside is quite modern. We would go again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank NeverAgain1989
There are newer reviews for Red Chilli Szechuan Cuisine

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Thought I would give it a try as my regular Chinese place was closed for the week. My wife and I ordered a fried rice, almond chicken, honey garlic pork and sweet and sour pork. Fried rice was good. Other 3 dishes were horrible. I read the reviews before I ordered and the bad ones were accurate and I can only say the good ones had another cook. Really tasteless dishes and with so many restaurants in the area I will not return.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Been there several times over the last few years. Food is tasty keeping in mind that sweet dishes are orange in colour and syrupy in taste. Anything with soya might have variation in ingredients but will be similar taste. Service is efficient, they need to turn tables as it is a relative small place. Portions are adequate. Three dishes plus two glasses of one option for wine at $60 before taxes and tip makes it a not more than once a year visit. Lets see what's different in 2014. Problem is that there are really no good Chinese places on the north shore.

1  Thank 2ridewest
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place is consistently the best Szechuan I have experienced anywhere. The food is terrific, the staff recognizes returning customers by predicting their order, the smallish room is quite pleasant and prices reflect reasonable value. I don't really like to tell anyone because I hate to share this place.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We enjoyed Red Chili twice LAST weekend and have dined here about 30 times in the last two years. It is small, nicely decorated, modern. We love the Ginger Beef, Singapore noodles, Prawns with chilies and peanuts. The deep fried Squid are excellent. Much of the food is red chili pepper hot. Delicious. We think this is the best Chinese Food PERIOD.

1  Thank Skippermurph