“$37 Chilli lunch bill?”

Burgoo
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I wanted to go to Burgoo as it has a reputation of an good place for comfort foot. I didn't realize it came at an uncomfortable price. I decided on Kentucky Burgoo, KY-slow cooked lamb, beef and smoked ham with lima beans, corn, molasses, tomato and okra. Really it was a medium size bowl of sweet chilli. The server asked if I wanted fries or a biscuit with my order. I went with half salad and biscuits. Much to my surprise neither the biscuits or the salad did not come with the order. Those were an extra $12 charge. The chilli was $17. In the end with a soda water, tax and 15% tip the price was 37 dollars. I was shocked. In conclusion, the value is not there at Burgoo and be weary of being up-sold by the servers.

1  Thank Tara P

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This place is one of the best I've been to in a long time. The atmosphere was relaxing, welcoming and high class all at the same time. Our waiter was friendly and charming. The food was plentiful and downright delicious. The menu had a good variety something for everyone. Loved it !!!!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I love the food here..its always been delicious and you dont have to wait forever. The one thing is though the servers here make you feel like your bothering them. I dont find them attentive or polite.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We went to Burgoo in December and had an excellent dinner. The food was great & the service excellent. Our waitress made sure we had everything we needed and glasses were never empty. Inquiries into what some of the dishes we had seen others receive (so we could order those next time) were answered and she even recommended getting their cookbook with all the recipes to make it at home, too.

When we went again in February since we liked it so much before and the food was okay and service was poor. It was as if we didn't exist. Our water glasses were empty for half of the meal and we had to wait on the waitress to take another order (how we finally heard the specials) before bringing us our check which we then had to wait for another order to be taken before we could pay and leave.

Our second trip was a big disappointment after the first had set the bar. I doubt we will go back since we won't know which experience we will have.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We love this restaurant. The soup and biscuits are our standbys but the Grilled cheese is to die for. Seriously good food and friendly wait staff.