“Cheesy decor but thats cool too!”

Cheshire Cheese Inn
Ranked #33 of 412 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1986 the Cheshire Cheese has been serving up fresh, local seafood and traditional British dishes in a beautiful waterfront setting overlooking downtown Vancouver and beyond. Situated right on the water's edge at Londsdale Quay Market in North Vancouver, our family run restaurant offers great food and excellent hospitality in a relaxed and vibrant atmosphere. Come and unwind with a drink in our lounge bar or enjoy a meal while taking in the sweeping views from our large outdoor patio or inside harbour-view tables.
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We love the service and the food. Kilkenny and Guiness on Tap! Great food, great waitresses who are attentive, they put up with old farts and young children. Smiles all round.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

The food here was great - it felt like a cross between my Mum's home cooking and hearty pub grub. The 3-beer taster selection was a nice menu option to accompany the food.
It's above the market at Lonsdale Quay next to the ferry port in North Vancouver, so is a perfect stop-off for lunch on the way to, or back from Grouse Mountain (if you're travelling by ferry & bus)

Reviewed February 1, 2012

The Cheshire Cheese is a restaurant but does a pretty good job feeling like a British pub (I'm an ex-Brit). Good pub food and fair ale

1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Food and location was great! Actually went there both nights for dinner. Once with family and once with friends. Fun times, both nights!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I've been to the Cheshire Cheese probably half a dozen times with my partner, so I feel comfortable saying that this place is very consistent in its fare.

I very much enjoy the atmosphere of the Cheshire Cheese. I've never been to England, but my partner grew up there, and he has told me that Lonsdale Quay on a drizzly day is about as close to England as you can get around Vancouver. The Cheshire Cheese fits comfortably into this context, with its posters advertising English ales and its carefully-English decor. There are no televisions in the main dining area, but the entrance-way offers some seating with views of the TV over the bar.

As I said, the food here is very consistently good. As one might expect, the menu is very "English." I generally have their Shepherd's Pie, which is made with beef, as it is a nicely-done comfort food well-enjoyed with a beer. I've also tried and enjoyed their Toad in the Hole, and tasted my partner's meals of Moroccan Vegetable Stew, fish and chips, and a chicken dish that appears to have been removed from the menu (chicken wrapped in puff pastry and filled with a creamy mushroom sauce). Although the fare is fairly "standard" and does not stand out a great deal, we have yet to be disappointed with our meals or the price we pay for them.

We have also had the pleasure of enjoying their weekend brunch, which offers a decent meal at a decent value, with the standard selection of bennies and a couple more English offerings.

They have a selection of local and English beers on tap and by the bottle, which are well-paired with most of their menu.

Their menus can be viewed through the Lonsdale Quay Market's main web-site.