“Very NIce Restaurant”

Bridge House Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stopped by for lunch before visiting the Capilano Suspension Bridge, which is right across the street. We were seated very quickly on the sunny patio and a friendly server took our order. We ordered the grilled cheese, a chicken wrap with fries, a large spinach & goat cheese salad and a Rueben Panini sandwich. Portions were generous, even the grilled cheese, which my teenager ordered from the kids' menu. Surprizingly, we were only charged the kid's price. I recommend both the Granville Lager and Granville Pale Ale which were recommended by our helpful server. Washrooms inside were clean and near the front door so easy to find. The patio is surrounded by beautiful hedges and flowers - nice to look at during our meal. Our bill came to about $68 before tax (including 2 beer) for 2 teens and 2 adults - very reasonable for a tasty filling lunch. I would definitely return, and not just because of the convenient proximity to the Suspension Bridge.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family of five ate here for lunch after visiting the Capilano Suspension Bridge. I was a bit hesitant at first since it was after noon and there were very few customers, both inside and outside of the restaurant. However, we were quite pleased with the food and service. My family gave rave reviews on the salmon chowder (tasty, but needed more spice), chicken tenders, and the buffalo shepards pie. Yes, it was pricey, but well worth it. I would definitely return.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I ate here after touring aroung Capilano. It is conveniently located across the street. We sat on the patio in a shaded spot looking out to the street. Service was friendly, but be patient - good food means you will wait a bit for preperation (one couple were getting a little agitated because of the wait).

We split the Spinach Salad (baby spinach leaves, goat cheese, toasted almonds, sundried cranberries, shredded carrots, and roasted beets with white balsamic and honey vinaigrette) and the Chicken Wrap with Yam Fries – delicious lunch!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The Bridge House is a cozy, wood paneled nook across the road from the Capilano Suspension Bridge. There is no bar area, but they serve wine and beer (a good local selection). There is a patio if the weather is nice, but on the cool, rainy day we visited it was just nice to sit sipping wine with their delicious French onion soup. Friendly waitstaff, too.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

It is very over priced. The hamburger was over $15.00, but was delicious. The house is quaint and very clean. Seemed to be lots of people eating even with children.