“Visiting one of Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-in & Dives”
Review of Tomahawk Barbeque

Tomahawk Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Byers, Colorado
“Visiting one of Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-in & Dives”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hamburger was great. It was hard to choose which one I wanted but know nothing would have been a wrong choice. The staff was attentive and kept our water glasses full. Loved the history and native art inside. It was neat that the owner was the first person to greet us and was please to know that someone local had recommended the place and that I had seen the Tomahawk on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.

Visited June 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Even as a local, I will admit, this restaurant is "has been"!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Well, well, as a local who has been going to the Tomahawk since 1960 (and even went there on a 'first date ',) I had to laugh at some of the previous reviews! What?! Only average?! We still continue to come to the restaurant, and love it each time, but if I think about it, it's probably a nostalgia thing! In the 60s, there wasn't much of any kind of restaurant in North Vancouver, so this was the happening place! All of our out of town guests were treated here! And we still occasionally take European family here. It is definitely part of our history, and the Yukon breakfast is still a great meal! maybe even a deal! The placemats are a souvenir, and the decor is tine honored! If you want a north van experience, you still have to do this one!

• Visited June 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Over-hyped / Not Allergy Friendly”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We tried this restaurant after seeing that it was featured on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives". It was definitely unique and kitsch with lots of history and character, but I'm not sure it was worth the long wait (almost a hour) or the potential heart-attack from all the grease.

After being seated, we found out that nothing on the menu was made without dairy of some sort. We finally worked out a meal with the waitress that would work for my allergies (fingers-crossed). The food overall was extremely heavy and greasy, below-average quality, and definitely over priced.

• Visited May 2013
Candidreviewer4u
“Average says it all”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Last time I tried a restaurant based on Guy Fieri's Diner Drive-Ins Show, it was a major, major disappointment. This time, it was just average. The hostess and waitress was great! the food, over-priced and just so so. I had the french dip as recommended by Guy and it was nothing special. $45 for our meal and wished I had not gone.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Candidreviewer4u
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I don't know why this place is rated so high..I'm guessing something is good on the menu. We love burgers so we had burgers and they were really really average and not big portions. No liquor licence either?! Its a shame because it seemed like a nice spot.

Visited September 2012