“Shouldn't have been hyped in the first place.”
Review of Tomahawk Barbeque

Tomahawk Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Through no fault of its own, the Tomahawk went from quaint landmark to foodie pilgrimage spot. The place remains unchanged in atmosphere and food served, however. Keep this in mind when you drop by to have their famous Yukon breakfast. Big portions of typical breakfast fare - served by competent smiling faces. Quite reasonably priced, I think.

There are newer reviews for Tomahawk Barbeque

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been going to the Tomahawk since I was a kid, first time was probably 45 years ago LOL. I remember the paper hats, and they may have had a mask, too, for kids to colour in those days. They still have the mint patty coin operated machine and the wishing well. It's a small restaurant and always packed, which should tell you something. They've been doing it right for over 80 years!

Go for breakfast/brunch and you'll be fed like a king. Everything is fresh, hot and delicious. The coffee is so good. Each cup is served in a new cup. Our large party had just about everything on the menu from pancakes, to omelettes, to enormous platters large enough to do in a 19 year old boy!

Don't expect anything fancy, just go for the great food and the fun atmosphere.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

After seeing this on a couple of The Food Network programs, and having friends recommend it, we decided to have breakfast here on our way back from our last trip. I was fairly impressed with the service, and the options on the menu were varied. I had the eggs benedict florentine. Fresh & tasty hollandaise sauce, perfect eggs and the yukon bacon I ordered on the side was pretty fantastic. I could leave the hashbrowns though, they seemed more like the frozen, cubed variety. I'd have rated "excellent" if the hashbrowns would have been a little more exciting.
One of our party ordered the Yukon breakfast, talk about huge!
I'd like to try dinner there at some point.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Used to be one of my favourite breakfast spots when I lived in Grouse Woods! Haven't been there in a while, but from what I remember, they had excellent pancakes and waffles! Can't comment on their Legendary "Yukon Breakfast" (which includes 5 slices of english style bacon, 2 eggs any style, hashbrowns, and toast) as I never had it as a kid, but I've heard great things about it likewise!

They have lunch and dinner items too, but I think their breakfast is their biggest hit!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went to this restaurant because we saw it featured on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives. This is a really small restaurant, the tables are very close together. Big menu, lots of choices. My wife ordered the signature roast beef dinner which is supposed to include Yorkshire pudding which she was really looking forward to tasting...... when her meal came, there was no Yorkshire pudding on the plate! After asking the waitress, she brought a small dough ball covered in gravy on a side plate. My wife said it tasted like rubber covered in gravy and the roast beef was tough to chew as well.... her meal did not live up to expectations. My beef dip was good as was the chicken burger my son ordered. When we took the bill to the cashier, who turned out to be the owner, my wife told him how disappointed she was with her meal, he replied that he'd take $1.50 off for the Yorkshire pudding. We won't go back, 2 out of 3 meals just isn't good enough!