“Featured on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives”
Review of Tomahawk Barbeque

Tomahawk Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Featured on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant because we saw it featured on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives. This is a really small restaurant, the tables are very close together. Big menu, lots of choices. My wife ordered the signature roast beef dinner which is supposed to include Yorkshire pudding which she was really looking forward to tasting...... when her meal came, there was no Yorkshire pudding on the plate! After asking the waitress, she brought a small dough ball covered in gravy on a side plate. My wife said it tasted like rubber covered in gravy and the roast beef was tough to chew as well.... her meal did not live up to expectations. My beef dip was good as was the chicken burger my son ordered. When we took the bill to the cashier, who turned out to be the owner, my wife told him how disappointed she was with her meal, he replied that he'd take $1.50 off for the Yorkshire pudding. We won't go back, 2 out of 3 meals just isn't good enough!

Vancouver, Canada
“Do not go here!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place simply fails on all accounts and I have no idea why it is so freaking popular. I have been about 4 times in my life whenever I am craving a breakfast out. I am disappointed everytime. Food is only average but the service is awful. They rush you in and rush you out. I had to ask for water about 6 times before I got up myself to get a glass and filled it myself. It is loud and noisy. Really - I am a generally very positive reviewer but just cannot see a reason to ever go back. I guess it took me 4 times to say never again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank LovesJif
North Vancouver, Canada
“Good food but get rid of the carpets”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We enjoyed the food here but were put off by the smell of the place which we think originates from the carpets. I do not think carpets in a restaurant really works. Why not modernise the place a bit by getting rid of those carpets. The rest of the decor is fine, the service was great and the food was well priced and generous. No complaints aside from the carpets.

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic burger!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hamburgers are really yummy and the milkshakes are fresh made an really good too.
Everything is fresh made so do not go when you are in a hurry - plan on waiting twenty to thirty minutes to get served. They chop the lettuce so finely it is delish.
The big burgers have egg, wieners and yummy bacon so make sure you arrive hungry.

• Visited December 2012
STREATOR
“Service?”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Drove here from Anacortes, WA. We'd seen it on DD&D and thought it looked good. We were glad to be out of the car after 3 hours of traveling, and everyone was in a good mood. We stood in the lobby for at least 10 minutes while everyone ignored us, and walked around us. We were the only party in the lobby. It was not peak time, probably about 2pm, so there were many vacant tables. We were finally seated and given menus, then ignored again for good measure. It's a very small place, and we could see the waitress only had 2 other tables. She finally waited on us with a very strange attitude, like we were bothering her. We were all very polite, even the 2 boys (11 &13) who sit up straight and say please and thank you at the drop of a hat. We weren't noisy or messy or unreasonable in any way, but we were treated as if we were the worst customers ever. Everyone liked their food except me (the roast beef was very tough, and the potatoes and gravy were nearly cold), and I just ate it so as not to add to the tension. We were never offered any refills on water or drinks. As an FYI, if you order tea, they will bring you sweet tea. The waitress was doing everything except actually rolling her eyes at us, and I never did know why. We were the quietest table in the restaurant. When we went to pay, the manager acted like it was some huge deal to run our credit card through the machine. If I had been the one paying, the tip would have been next to nothing, but my husband tipped about 20%, as usual. I would never go back. I don't need to pay someone to be rude to me.

• Visited July 2012