“Would love to return”

The Observatory at Grouse Mountain
Reserve with OpenTable
The Observatory at Grouse Mountain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 386 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Take bus 236 from Lonsdale Quay. It will bring you to the base of the Skyride.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our visit to Grouse Mountain and dinner at the Observatory was a great start to our month holiday/cruise. Both were recommended by locals and we would also recommend to others.

Leave sometime for a walk around - we did not realise what there was to do and therefore left ourselves short. A dinner booking will give you a free return trip in the gondolier.

The dining experience was of a high standard - unfortunately it was cloudy so we missed what would have been fantastic views.

Very professional and attentive service and a good menu with many tempting dishes. Just the food presentation is a good reason to visit.

Very good value for money.

The standout dish was the Fraser Valley Duck Tasting - the duck parfait was one of the best I have had the pleasure to enjoy in my dining experiences.

There are newer reviews for The Observatory at Grouse Mountain

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was surprised, this restaurant is not nearly as expensive as I imagined. Especially after hiking up the Grind, the food was delicious as well!
The atmosphere was great too, just as the sun went down on a Saturday evening, it was great!

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a Vancouverite and had first time visitors from Germany.
On the last day I showed them our "Old" Fort Langley.
Dinner was planned one hour before sunset at The Observatory. For me this is normal, the city, view, ocean and mountains. For them it was spectacular! I have to say there was nothing in the experience that was not 5 star quality.
If this what you like then you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Catimann
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had dinner here with a large group. The food was average, nothing stood out, loved the views. Maybe better in smaller groups?

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I went here for our anniversary and out of both of our dishes we recommend the Crab Duo for appy and the Pork Loins for the main. The loins were fantastically juicy and served with fresh steamed veggies. Definitely try to get a reservation a day or two ahead of time in order to get a great table. We booked same day and got an OK table.

Have fun and enjoy!