“Totally awesome!”

Thai House Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 371 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1986, the Thai House has been consistently setting the standard for quality and service through creative and careful attention to all details. Their menu offers a wide array of all the popular traditional Authentic Thai dishes.
Abbotsford, Canada
“Totally awesome!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I ate here twice. The first time it was tricky figuring out what to order. We ended up getting too much food. This time around we asked for help ordering and it worked great. The cocktails have funny names. I tried the broken down Tuk Tuk and a lady boy. I never thought I'd be one to try a lady boy and now I know why. Go for the Tuk Tuk.
Service was outstanding. You don't have one server for your table. They all help each other. Very efficient friendly staff, and delicious food.

1 Thank Lucas M

Vancouver
“dont recommend for lunch”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I went for lunch, at about 1 in a Sunday. The food came so fast it must have been sitting around, including the rice. I am 95% sure I got food poisoning from this lunch. I was sick by evening and did not have much dinner. We had a yellow curry, and a peanut sauce chicken dish with rice. Tasted good though.

• Visited January 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“The Sad Decline of a Long Time Favourite”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Thai House Restaurant is a long time favourite. The Chaing Mai Prawns have been one of our staples for years -- a special treat that we sought out two or three times a a year. We had a mediocre experience about a year ago, but this year's take out order was well below par. The Pad Thai was unimaginative and painfully dull. We threw half of it away. The green curry was fine -- equal to that of a standard Thai restaurant. The chicken and vegetable dish was unappealing -- it is the kind of Asian vegetable dish you can get at any Chinese food restaurant. The Chaing Mai Prawns were extremely disappointing. What was once a special dish had been rendered boring. For the first time ever, we had left-overs and then could not find any takers the next day. It is not quite sure that has gone wrong, but the Thai House has become below average. We will not be going back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank WhitehorseVancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Poor hygiene”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice, both times I had a reaction. Service was good, ambiance was good but I will not go back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Stephen K
“It was filling but that was about it”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This restaurant has been a mainstay in North Vancouver for many years. We have gone once or twice a year since they opened at this location and I have noticed a downward trend in the quality of the food. The past month we were hungry so we dropped in to have a meal. The service, decor and location are the best things going for this restaurant. The food has decent sized portioned but they lean towards lots of sauce and are heavy on noodles and rice with little vegetables or meat. The pad thai had an odd aftertaste and the Thai spring rolls are the same ones you can buy frozen and in bulk at Costco. The green curry with chicken was tasty but mostly curry sauce. We left full but with no desire to go back.

• Visited October 2013