“Service worth the price, food a little too fussy for my idea of Italian.”
Review of Gusto di Quattro

Gusto di Quattro
Ranked #20 of 378 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Service worth the price, food a little too fussy for my idea of Italian.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've spent a considerable amount of time in Italy and enjoyed a lot of food there! And my tastes really run to classic "simple ingredients prepared well results in delicious Italian food". I also do really enjoy fine-dining restaurants and appreciate what they have to offer.

So when a friend and I stayed at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel recently and were looking for a place to go for dinner, this seemed a natural choice! It's right across the street for crying out loud!! And Dine Out Vancouver was on so we snagged three courses for $38! What a deal!

Right away I loved the ambiance and coziness of Gusto di Quattro. We were welcomed and our coats were hung for us as the hostess escorted us to our table. I really appreciated the warmth of the restaurant after the chilly evening.

Throughout the entire evening, I was more than impressed by our servers' commitment to providing excellent, friendly, professional service and they all seemed quite knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. We ordered a half-litre of malbec, which was really delicious.

But overall, I was not wowed by the food. The bread was not warm when it was served with the oil/balsamic dip. And personally the food was a little overly-manipulated for my tastes. The fussiness of the food was more reminiscent of French cooking than Italian, to me. My mushroom soup had so many things going on in it that it was a little too heavy and dark in flavour for me to enjoy. I ordered scallops which came with some steamed spinach/mushrooms and also a potato cake, which were good but not amazing. I did truly enjoy my dessert option though, which was an olive oil cake which featured a delicate lemon flavour and was served with an ice cream. It was delicious.

For the price we paid, we got a good deal for some good food. But I don't think I'd make the effort to go there on a regular night and pay full price when there are so many other great, authentic Italian restaurants in the city! I did really appreciate the excellent service and I do also recognize that there may be a lot of people who would really enjoy this food, but Gusto di Quattro isn't really my idea of Italian.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Jen L

calgarly
“Very good.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had four in our diner party, and four excellent meals. I had the seafood linguine, and normally you are hunting for the seafood, not here. My entree was loaded with scallops, shrimps and mussels. As I can not personally share my fellow diners opinion(s), there were NO leftovers, and everyone was quite pleased. Service was great, wine was good, ambience is small, but comfortable. Would I go back? Absolutely. If you like seafood, try the linguine.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank cheezewiz
West Vancouver, Canada
“Good choice for classic Italian”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room is inviting and so is the staff. The food quality is excellent here. We have been several times for a special occasion and it's a favorite.

Visited December 2011
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food here was fresh, tasty, plentiful! We were in a large group and the service was excellent. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited November 2012
Vancouver, BC
“Wonderful Italian Food, but expensive”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've been to this restaurant a few times, most recently during the dine-out Vancouver event this year. The food is absolutely excellent and the dine-out menu was a great deal. While this restaurant is very good, it is also very expensive. It has to be a big deal for us to eat here based on their regular prices.

• Visited February 2012