“Good food, fair price for good quality food”

Vera's burger shack
Ranked #292 of 392 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Description: Also listed on Urbanspoon.
Description: Also listed on Urbanspoon.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Enjoyed the food here at Vera's. We all had a burger, shared a order of fries and rings. Burgers were hot and ready in ten minutes, quick enough, worth the small wait. Friendly service, we enjoyed our meal. If you need to save a bit, ask for a small cup for tap water, that'll save you a few bucks. If you are with a group, share a large order of fries or rings. Then spend the money on a great burger, its worth it.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The concierge recommended veras when we asked for a simple burger meal. The portions are huge and it is keenly priced. There is a wide variety on offer and the combos are a good option. It is a diner with mock cow hide covers on the couches and you don't get any cutlery which would make eating the huge burger much easier and less messy...
There isn't any ambiance so I cannot say it is a restaurant but it's a place to eat a good cooked to order burger when on your travels.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited this restaurant while vacationing in Vancouver. We ask for our concierge at our hotel for a recommendation for a greasy burger place and this was his recommendation. The burger selection is quite large with lots of special toppings. The four cheese burger had quite a lot of bleu cheese burger and the portion was huge. The Frank burger has huge polish style sausage on top of the burger. The sweet potato fries were one of the best I have ever tried. The onion rings were also very good but somewhat expensive for the servings. The regular fries were OK and I would not do a detour to try them. All in all, this place is worth a detour for the nice burgers.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

There are Vera's location all over town, and they are all good! Burgers cooked to order, and mouth-wateringly juicy. Great fries too. I always stop by when I am in Vancouver. Someday I will have the gumption to consume the Dave's Heart-Attack Special - that's on my bucket-list!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good old fashioned Burgers. Period..You may think that 15 dollars is a bit pricey for a burger combo, but your not getting just a burger combo. Real meat, real burger...A value menu is going to cost you around 8-10 bucks. This far surpass's a "Value menu". Only once did I receive "marginal" service there, but the food made up for it, and that person no longer works there. Try it.