“Great food, brilliant view, attentive and cordial service.”

Pier 7 restaurant + bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier 7 restaurant + bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: VICTORY SHIP WAY
Transit: Lonsdale Quay Transit Loop & Sea Bus Terminal are steps away from PIER 7 restaurant + bar.
Description: Pier 7 restaurant + bar is open 7 days a week for lunch, brunch, and dinner. We feature ocean view as well as sweeping views of the Vancouver city scape, Coal harbor and Stanley Park. Year round heated patio dining on two levels. Our culinary team has created a menu that is seafood focused, with an emphasis on boat-to-table choices, and seasonal offerings of meat and poultry. For the wine connoisseur there are over 100 bottles on the award winning list. The lively bar area is a favorite stop after work for professionals coming home on the nearby SeaBus and the burgeoning ship building industry adjacent to the pier. Happy hour is seven days a week from 3:00-6:00pm with food and drink specials. We look forward to welcoming you to the North shore's newest award winning neighborhood restaurant and lounge built in the most historically significant area of North Vancouver.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a fantastic evening and were very happy we chose Pier 7 for our engagement celebration dinner. They handled our party of 12 with ease and the food came out quickly and was really good. Our servers went the extra mile and the evening was a success ... the backdrop of the water made for great photos.

1  Thank SuedeSubway

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We arrived on a Thrusday evening without reservations, and asked to be seated outside. We were provided a table with the sun shining directly in my eyes. I could not see! We asked for a table inside, and were seated directly back into the sun. This time my wife could not see! As there was plenty of tables ( at least 10) inside, we asked for another table. We were told they were all reserved and had a choice of one other table which again was in the setting sun. I went back to the hostess, and asked for another table "out of the sun". She said she did not what she could do!
Finally after 10 minutes, we were told we could move to a booth( that supposedly was reserved).
What a hassle, I wanted to leave but my wife wanted to stay and we had already been served water, etc..

The food was average, and the service was terrible. I had to ask the busboy for more butter and then finally more water. My server finally arrived and said I must be dehydrated! Come on man!

We finished our meal, and guess what all those tables supposedly reserved were still empty. Also, an older couple of about 70+ were seated right next to a table of 10 men...they asked for another table and were told none available...they left. We should have left as well!

I think this place has regulars and they attend to them, but if your new, like us, your treated as a 2nd class citizen.

5  Thank chicagocardinal
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a lovely location for a romantic dinner. Lots of parking close by and this whole waterfront area is great to stroll before or after a meal.
We decided to skip appetizers and went straight for the main course. I was served a perfect piece of lamb with ratatouille and chick peas with harissa. Wonderful dish, however I would have liked some bread or some starch with it.
My partner order the gluten free scallops and they came with cauliflower risotto and greens. He was served 4 scallops and when he started on the second he realized that the chef had sprinkled bread croutons and crumbs over the top. This was brought to the attention of our waitress and she replaced the dish after a fairly lengthy wait.
We were happy with our food but the service was slow, for sure.
I would like to go back and try something new as they have a good mix of fish, seafood, chicken and beef, something for everyone. Items are marked if they are gluten free but only if the chef is paying attention.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have had lunch at this restaurant 3 times in the past year and location, service and food were all excellent. I had lunch there last week and they must have a change in chef as the Cobb Salad certainly didn't resemble what I had eaten before at this restaurant. It was just a mess of ingredients all thrown in a bowl and at the end, there must have been 1/4 cup of dressing still sitting in the bottom of the bowl. It was a soggy mess. When I ordered, I asked if the poached egg could be cooked a little more. The waitress came back and relayed that the chef said no because it was all precooked! What a shame as the location is outstanding and the servers are very good but the food leaves MUCH to be desired. At this rate we won't go back. Two stars instead of one for location and waiter service.

3  Thank WLTu
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our server was excellent and did all she could but we did not have an enjoyable night. We were there to celebrate a birthday and this was our last stop after a wonderful progressive dinner with 3 other restaurants. We had heard good things about this place but this was the night we went when everything seemed to go wrong. We had reservations or a table outside but were not given one til much later so we had to move. The drinks that came were not mixed well, we had to send some back. We waited a long time for our food, and when it came, it was not good. They even forgot an order! The poor waitress had to inform us that the kitchen was not well staffed (on a summer weekend night!) and that it was the chef's last night working there! That was a poor excuse for bad attitude and food from the kitchen! We were very unhappy with this restaurant and will not be going back.

4  Thank travelbug52Vancouver