“Such a find I'm almost afraid to share this Persian delight”
Review of Cazba

Cazba
Ranked #50 of 371 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Vancouver, Canada
“Such a find I'm almost afraid to share this Persian delight”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Cazba isn't fine dining but it's definitely fun and flavourful and filling and so reasonably priced you'll be flabbergasted. We started with the very light and mild yogurt mixed with shallots which is eaten with raw onion and fresh pita It definitely peaked the appetite. We also ordered the Zeytoon, prosaically translated "Olive walnut" in English, which entirely misses the ingredient that gives it verve--pomegranate paste. Try it, it's addictive! Most of the main courses are different kinds of meat and vegetarian stews that you use as toppers for the white/saffron basmati rice. I went with a group of four others and we sampled several of the entrees. Each dish had it's own character and I would recommend the yellow pea and tomato stew and the tantalizing chicken, ground walnut and pomegranate stew. The Ghormeh Sabzi with beef and herbs is filling and tender but a little less exciting than the other two. Be sure and order your dinner "half rice/half salad" so that the other end of your platter is filled with a lovely cucumber and tomato salad covered in a tangy French style dressing. We also sampled the yogurt drink, Doogh, a kind of salty lassi. It didn't seem like a wise choice for someone watching their blood pressure but at a single dollar, it was worth a few sips. For the Ghormeh Sabzi platter, Zeytoon (which was more than enough for five) and the doogh, I paid a grand total of $13.54 The wait staff were young and a little shy but eager to please, especially when we had questions about the food. We sat outside on the awning covered patio and had a very pleasant dinner. The Cazba does have desserts on the menu but we were too full so strolled down the lane across the street and around the corner onto W. 15th to the best Persian bakery in the Lower Mainland--the Laleh Bakery. I'll let you discover what an awesome and delicious bounty they provide. (Perfect for those avoiding gluten too as many treats are made with rice or chickpea flour.)

• Visited July 2013

Vancouver, bc
“Good but not great!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

For a taste of food from a Persian Restaurant, the experience is not disappointing. Great portions, reasonable prices, clean environment and better than average service. The goal of the restaurant is clearly a volume-based operation (low prices, fast turn over of table) and they do a good job accomplishing this goal. For what they charge, you get an adequate return of food and quality. Recommend their "tah-dig" (crispy rice) with khoresh gheymeh topping as an appetizer.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A restaurant with incompetent Management and Service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Having been requested to take seats outside, where the tables were dirty with plates from previous guest, and given the menu, my family & I had to wait for MORE THAN HALF AN HOUR to order food, although notified their two waiters that we were ready to order. One of of them brought to us a PLATE OF DISH asking if we ordered that dish before (what a pity!) it happend before even we order.... The waiters were dizzy goin in and out and apparently servin those who came in AFTER us didn't care about us!
Eventually, I had to let a guy at the counter know about who came after us with another waiter persisting us to order and "the food would be served fast.."
We always go to LONSDALE KABOB, and it was closed at that evening that's why we had to go to CAZBA being unaware of the unprofessional management/staff and UNSATISFIED services!

I'm NOT satisfied from the services or management, and will neither GO there AGAIN NOR recommend to others!
As a matter of fact, Lonsdale Kabob is the Best persian food EVER!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SaDnDeeD
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome Food, beautiful setting”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Loved the food, in fact the best persian food I have had for a long time. I recommend to all. Thank you!

Visited June 2013
“Perfect 1st day in Vancouver”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Cazba can't wait to come back ... Best persian food ever. The food, service, place and of course great company was absolutely delightful. My new most fav place to eat. The kebabs were super, the chicken was tender and juicy, the pomegranate paste was to die for, salad was fresh and flavourful, the ice cream kulfi rocked ... What more can I say. We were all happy campers ...

Visited May 2013