“RE-USES MEAT”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very rude service. We had one lamb shank dish, one chicken stew dish, and one boneless chicken dish. To be clear, one of us (for religious reasons) can not eat beef. He only realized this once he cut up the meat and ate a piece. Beef is just something that's around in our lives. When he cut to the middle, it was red then asked a passing server what this is. He said beef. Our regular server yelled at us. Basically for ordering wrong (we don't speak the language but pointed to the right item and said "chicken").

>> He said the restaurant could not **RE-SERVE** the meat out again cause we cut it up and that we needed to pay for another chicken dish. <<

We spoke to the manager and he said no problem, but only gave us a plate with chicken and expected us to eat the rice which touched the beef. ALSO, would not take away the beef dish but left it in front of us.

***DISRESPECTFUL to other cultures. What if we did the same thing to THEM with PORK? Really really INSULTING. DO NOT VISIT.

3  Thank beingsandra

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Many friends had recommended The Cazba for dinner and some reviews were a little concerning. We arrived at around 6.30 on a Saturday evening (i was told that they do not take bookings but some tables had a reserved sign on them - may be for larger parties?). It is quite a large restaurant and we were shown to a table in about 5 mins. The server was extremely polite and helpful with the menu, even told us that if the starter is not enough for four, he would bring some more (free of charge). The food arrived on time, we were asked if all was good throughout the evening and it was a very nice meal, a mix of the aubergine dip for starters, various kabobs of beef and lamb and chicken dishes. plenty of food, great value and looking forward to the next time which i hope will be soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Every time I have come here to eat whether lunch or dinner I have always received a excellent meal and the service it not too bad. Most of the waiters (usually men) are very courteous except for the only female waitress I had whom was very rude and snobby with me!!! Why because I'm not Persian??? I but do have respect for them and their culture otherwise I would not have come there and have a Persian friend!! I asked her three times to bring me water and she ignored me!! I suggest if you go there be sure you have a male waiter instead as for they are more friendly! Otherwise the atmosphere is nice and once again never had a bad meal and they give you plenty for leftovers and it is worth every penny!! I look forward to coming back again soon!!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the best Persian restaurant in the lower mainland. The service is fast and friendly, the price is right and the food is great. They have maintained the high standards for a long time and kept the prices low. This is a great place to take your Non-Persian friends to taste Persian food.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I would absolutely not recommend this place. Totally horrible service. The guy was so rude to us and his excuse for not bringing us the right food was... Oh " the kitchen is too busy". Honestly you can get better service at Yaas, or any other Iranian restaurant. These guys just want u gone the minute u step inside.