“Great coffee in north van”

JJ Bean Coffee Roasters - Park & Tilford
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Best coffee i found in north van
Great ambience and lots of seating ! Did try the food so can t really say

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My pal and I meet here regularly for our favourite coffee and catch up on each other's lives. On alternate get togethers we meet at JJ Bean on Commercial Drive which is nearer to my place.
The coffee and staff are the best and the wood decor is very comfortable.

Why would folks go to the nearby Starbucks??

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Diagonal from Starbucks and so much better it isn't even funny. Makes Starbucks coffee taste like truck stop coffee.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We occasionally walk down here for coffee and a snack and I just can't get over what a great space this coffee house is in. It's so luxed and relaxed with outdoor seating (which we take advantage of in the summer) and an indoor fireplace.
Service is always excellent, there's a great selection of food from muffins and cookies to gourmet sandwiches and it's just, overall, a nice place to unwind, read a paper and people watch.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Will start off by saying I have never had a Latte like this. My daughter highly recommended JJBean and we stopped in for a coffee and to share a sandwich and the cookies looked so good we had one of those too. All for $20 before tip... We sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine while waiting for our order to arrive.

My Vanilla Latte was served in one of those huge bowl shaped coffee mugs - so delicious. I took a pic before I took a sip. Couldn't put the mug down until I drank an inch out of it - it was phenominal although not hot...! The White Chocolate Cranberry cookie was a 10 out of 10. Not too sweet or sugary tasting and the texture of the cookie was light as if there was some rice flour in it. Very good.

The only down side was the Lattes took over 15 minutes to prepare and as I mentioned, they were not hot.