“Best adventure in Vancouver”

North Shore Paragliding
Glen Allen, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best adventure in Vancouver”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Don't miss this experience in Vancouver. Initially I was unsure about this due to safety concern and since I have never done paragliding before. My concern was unfounded as team is very professional, instructions are easy to follow, view is unparalleled. Never felt unsafe.

1 Thank rkv87

Squamish, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“What a way down!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My daughter always wanted to Paraglide. So, for her 16th birthday, we were the lucky bidders of a generously donated prize of 2 tandem paraglides from North Shore Paraglide.
My kids took the leap yesterday. I can not believe how fantastic it was. It was extremely well organized, safe, friendly and exhilerating. The trip up Grouse Mountain was just the starting point. I had to ride the tram back down but my kids were lucky enough to be able to jump right off Grouse Mountain.
I would recommend this experience to everyone brave enough to consider it!

1 Thank tsinnes
Mackay, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

At age 61 & my husband 65 we did not ever expect to do Paragliding, but once we decided to 'go for it', there was never a stage where we thought we would not be able to do this. The guys were very professional guiding us through the process which all sounded so easy. From the launch to the landing our pilots treated us to an amazing, incredible journey. The views of Grouse Mountain & the Vancouver area were spectacular.... words do not come close to describing our flight, we would highly recommend it to others.

2 Thank ivrose73
Toronto, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First paragliding experience!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have always been wanting to try paragliding since it started at Grouse Mountain. I finally booked it this weekend; both my wife and I were very satisfied with the flight. Although being the person who proposed to go on this little adventure, I was actually very nervous standing at the edge of the slope before we took off. The pilot was very friendly, experienced and knowledgeable. He gave us very clear instructions on what we needed to do (not much actually!) for the flight. The hardest thing for me was to run off the cliff but that was only a few steps. The view from atop was breathtaking! It was such an amazing experience flying like a bird in the sky. We were lucky to go on a sunny day when the weather condition was perfect for flying. Toward the end of the flight when we were descending, the pilot did a few turns and tricks (optional I think?). It was good fun!! For this part, it might not be a bad idea to avoid a full breakfast or too much food/drink just before the flight if you are prone to getting motion sickness. My wife and I were SO happy that we've done this after talking about it for such a long time. It is worth trying for Vancouverites and tourists alike. Definitely a unique experience that you will never forget!!

1 Thank HouseDog
North Vancouver, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Best View of Anything Ever”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've been dreaming of doing this for as long as I can remember.

For all the build up I've been giving paragliding my whole life, it more than just lived up to my expectations, it actually surpassed them.

I've been uncontrollably smiling since my flight. Fantastic value for money, you are not just paying for something unforgettable, or just memorable, this is the pinnacle of bragging rights for an awesome experience.

I often go for the minimal options to save on costs, and I think I'm being so smart. Not this time, this is hands down the best thing to do at Grouse Mountain, and arguably Vancouver in general. I bought all the video footage, because this is the kind of thing I want to see more people experience.

At a stretch, this one activity could actually change your quality of life.

I have a totally new appreciation for the North Shore, this is definitely a must for locals. If you want to go on vacation, but can't get the time off work, do something incredible in your own city. No regret, best way to spend your time.

Visited July 2013