“Great Place, Great People!”

Crystal's View Vancouver Bed and Breakfast
Spring, Texas
“Great Place, Great People!”
Reviewed July 31, 2007

Crystal and John greeted us, even though we showed up after 10 pm. We have stayed at many B&B's and this is the first review we have written---figure we owed it to them for being so wonderful! Crystal went out of her way to make sure we had something to eat before we went to bed---homemade chicken noodle soup. Wow, what a lady! We stayed two nights and we not only had a beautiful and spotlessly clean place to stay, we also made a couple of lifelong friends in Crystal and John. I am not a touchie feelie guy, but I hugged them both when we left---felt like I was leaving old friends behind. These folks are the best of the best---never the least bit intrusive, yet ever ready to please and help. From directions and suggestions, to great breakfasts and beyond, to anything else they can do to make your stay more enjoyable, Crystal and John will treat you right. We hope we have the pleasure of visiting them again.

• Liked — The people who own it and the cleanliness/attractiveness of the place
  • Disliked — no dislikes at all
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New Castle, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 25, 2007

The first thing my husband and I noticed about Crystals View B&B was how overgrown the yard was. Maybe they thought it was charming, but we were not impressed. When we saw the inside of the house, although very clean, that too is over decorated with much too much stuff around...Less is more!!!
I agree with another reviewer that there is a lack of privacy, we like a seperate private entrance. Fortunately we were there during a holiday and only had to interface with our friendly hosts at breakfast. The meals were very good, lots of homemade goodies served with much good cheer. Again, a bit too communal for us, as the B&B's we have stayed in the past were set up as little dining rooms with seperate tables.
Our bed was very comfortable, the area quiet and the views are outstanding. The house is in a residential neighborhood very close to all attractions.
Our one complaint, and it will keep us from ever going there again, as soon as you walk in, you are asked to remove your shoes! The had WHITE carpeting on the stairs and bedroom! What were they thinking? I did not feel comfortable walking around a strange house without my shoes - we think that if you want to run a B&B, use carpeting that either can be cleaned or replaced easily, you don't ask people to remove their shoes, it's too personal.

Stayed July 2007
Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I was excited when I came across Crystal's View B&B as I did not wish to stay in the city of Vancouver. The location was also idea for the ferries. Upon my arrival Crystal's son greeted me and helped with my bags. Crystal literally whirled into the door in such a disorganized state of mind that made me feel totally unwelcomed and an intrusion. When I advised her that I would be getting up early the next morning, she was extremely upset, spinning in circles, told me I would wake the other guests, of whom I never saw, and made it very clear there would not be any breakfast served. I would have been happy with a muffin left on the counter. The baked goods were all store bought anyway. The next morning I was getting up early as well and I was told breakfast would be prepared. I received a cup of coffee. The room was ok - however, it was hot and stuffy, the sheets old and faded. When you opened the windows the roar of the traffic on the highway below was very loud. I was constantly told I received a special rate which compared to other properties in the area (The Thistle Down) was not so special and I definitley overpaid for my stay there. Would not recommend this B&B.

• Liked — Location to Ferries
  • Disliked — Too Many to list
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
5 Thank Seaspray77
Washington, dc
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Crystals B and B was decorated nicely if not a little too eclectically. There was entirely too much stuff in the room. We could hardly see in the bathroom mirror do to the overly large flowers. Also, all the bath products were old and we had one bar of soap to share for the entire bathroom sinks, Jacuzzi tub and shower.. We stayed in the Vivaldi suite. Although room and Jacuzzi were smaller, they were very nicely decorated and the view was nice of the Vancouver harbor and skyline. Although, Crystal was very thoughtful and gave me a birthday card and small gift, she was way too chatty for our taste. Our room was in the main house, so we always had to walk by her and were peppered with questions about our day. She was VERY friendly, however, we like to just be by ourselves. Oddly enough, one day she had told us that she was putting a new bed in our room and asked if we could be gone all day to accommodate her.

Crystal also was particular about the furniture and items in the room. The bed was awesome and we are very picky w our beds. It was a feather bed and duvet. Make sure you read the book by the Jacuzzi titled "Woman and Aromatherapy." Also, no candles were aloud and we brought candles and always use them. The breakfasts were good and she made every effort to accommodate us. The area around the B & B was mixed w some nice places and some a bit run down. The street sign to her street is missing so we got lost on the way in. It's the last right turn(without a sign) BEFORE you go up the hill. We were nervous as we pulled up that it was on of the somewhat run down ones. Overall, the place was beautiful and the flowers and yard were delightful. This was our first time in a B & B and it's a little to close for comfort for us. We like to go to your room and not talk to anyone. I am not sure if we will be back, but maybe. West Vancouver is a nicer, quieter area and not as commercialized as north Vancouver. I would recommend this place to anyone. We just like a little more privacy. Ask about the room downstairs that has its own entrance. Crystal did everything she could to make our trip special including making special reservations for my birthday at the EXCELLENT French restaurant Bistro La Regalade, telling us about the lumber jack and birds of prey show and the free suspension bridge.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathleen.allen
Hampshire, England
Reviewed July 16, 2007

This is a B&B like no other, combining the comfort and style of a luxury hotel with a friendly family home. Its ornate Italian –style décor and Crystal’s meticulous attention to detail give a feeling of opulence and you will want for nothing as far as amenities are concerned. We stayed in the Vivaldi Room with its sunken Jacuzzi bath, veranda and stunning views over Downtown Vancouver.
It may not be one of the cheapest B&Bs in North Vancouver but it must rate as one of the nicest.

Crystal, her husband John and their teenage son and daughter all help in running the B&B and made us feel like one of the family. They even provided afternoon tea for us, with delicious cookies and waffles, when we turned up one afternoon, unannounced, with my aunt and mother. Breakfasts were also delicious with fruit platters and freshly baked muffins a regular feature accompanied by a variety of main choices, such as quiche, egg and bacon and of course waffles and maple syrup…yummy!

North Vancouver provides a great suburban setting in which to stay, tucked between the stunning coastal mountains and beautiful Downtown Vancouver. The B&B is close to a regular bus route and with public transport, in and around Vancouver, so cheap, clean and efficient getting about to visit all the local attractions is very easy indeed.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelhappyUK
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 11, 2007

Crystal and John are wonderful, accommodating hosts. We had delicious breakfasts, delightful conversation, and a marvelous time. We stayed in the large room downstairs, with the jacuzzi tub that has color-therapy lights, a very nice touch. The views from the window in the room and in the dining room are of Vancouver - breathtaking day and night. The house is right on a major busline that runs down Lonsdale, the main drag in North Van, so there are restaurants and shops minutes away. The bus in the other direction takes you to Lynn Valley, an eco-reserve that we spent quite a bit of time exploring. We plan to return to Crystal's View on our anniversary.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank Gina M
Seattle,Washington
Reviewed June 10, 2007

I just loved your B&B. Breathtaking view, comfortable accommodations, nice extras in the room not usually available in a B&B, and the breakfast was delicious

Stayed June 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#2 of 90 in Vancouver

Been to Crystal's View Vancouver Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!