“Amazing service and warm environment”
Review of Symposio - CLOSED

Symposio
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The best greek food I've had in Vancouver! Also a lovely family who runs it who are extremely welcoming. I miss it after having moved to England :(

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The lamb chops are simply amazing. Chef Rod knows how to cook and to entertain. There is a loyal following over the years and I am one of them. The quality of the food is not only outstanding but it is also consistent. Maria is always there to make sure orders are delivered in a timely and professional manner. Her Baklava is also not to be missed, best together with a glass of Ouzo or a good Greek coffee. All in all Greek food at its best...

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My family has had nothing but excellent food and service from Symposio since the day it opened. Very friendly and personable staff that are very receptive to special requests such as gluten free options. I really can't say enough about how great this restaurant is!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Have been to Symposio twice now. The first time was for our staff party last Christmas, we had the small restaurant booked ourtjust for us with a set menu in place. The food was great and we had an enjoyable time. We spent most of the evening enjoying the included wine, but I do remember the food being superb.
The second time I visited was recently, while my mother was in town visiting us. We decided, spontaneously on a Friday evening, that we wanted to have Greek food and I knew we had to head to Symposio. On our way I worried that we should have probably made a reservation, but when we arrived we received the one of the last two tables - perfect!
We ordered wine and it was presented quickly by Maria - the woman in charge and the Mom of the business. We placed our orders for mains, but after about 5 minutes of sitting in the dining room smelling all of the delicious aromas and seeing all of the good food around us, we decided we had to place an order for some hummus to start. So glad we did, not because the food took too long, but because the hummus was AMAZING, tasted extremely fresh!
For our mains, I ordered the chicken souvlaki and my Mum ordered the special of the night: lamb shank. When the food arrived it was fabulous. Especially that tzatziki, it was so fluffy and light and just melt in your mouth. You could tell that it was made very recently. The potatoes had the perfect taste of lemon and the greek salad was great (not being a fan of olives I appreciated that it wasn't loaded with them). The lamb shank just fell off of the bone and into your mouth.
At first our waitress (who later introduced herself as Maria) wasn't the most out going, but she had a full restaurant and was obviously quite busy. As the evening progressed and things started to slow down she really came around. She explained to us how their restaurant really is there family business, her and her son in the front of the house, and her husband and their other son in the back. Her husband came out of the kitchen once he had a spare moment and interacted with the guests asking how everyone was enjoying their meals and dancing around clapping, chanting "OPA!"
This was an extremely enjoyable meal and a great atmosphere to enjoy a meal out with family or friends. Would definitely recommend to others and will be returning again soon (our Christmas party should be coming up soon, and this is our annual gathering place - chances our I'll be visiting again on my own before hand!)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love Greek food and Symposio is my favorite restaurant on the North Shore. Every time I have gone in the staff have been friendly and prompt. I went here with my grandfather when he was visiting, he can be quite picky but he loved it as well. Excellent food every time, lovely homey atmosphere, and a good price.