“What can I say, still a happy camper”

Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Happy Valley, Oregon
“What can I say, still a happy camper”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Again I was treated like family. Rainbow, Randy and all the staff were very attentive and very friendly as usual. Whenever I travel to Vancouver I will stay here no matter what. Again I will say that whenever I stay here I am never disappointed and can always count on getting a hug from them, which makes me feel very welcome that when so many people stay here they recognize me and give me a wonderfull warm "hello" and how have you been? I just LOVE LOVE LOVE being here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Randy_Price, Manager at Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hello Maria!

It is always our pleasure to welcome you on your visits to North Vancouver. We look forward to the next time and have your room ready!

Warm Regards

Randy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
dira-the-explorer
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were stranded in Vancouver due to a storm that cancelled all outgoing ferries home. We remembered that all Travelodges were pet friendly so a quick call confirmed that and a room. we arrived shortly after to a lobby full of walk in customers.. the lady at the front desk was all by herself but remained calm and friendly and efficient despite her very buzy day. unfortunealy the last pet friendly room was also a smoking room, i was very leary about that so she graciously had someone take me there to check it out first. They had tried hard to mask the smell so initially it was not too bad ,so i took the room knowing my options were limited, with hundreds of people looking for rooms in the area. the room was dated, but everything worked. the bathroom was partially updated with new sink and toilet, they should have done the shower while they were at it. the grout needed a good scrubbing. The bed was comfy or maybe we were just tired after a long and stressful day. We left early the next morning so did not avail ourselves to any hotel amenities if there were any.

Room Tip: we stayed at the back, very quiet on residental steet, and good access to nearby park to walk the d...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dira-the-explorer
Victoria
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Travel lodge Lions Gate was sufficient for what needed, but nothing more.
The location was perfect in terms of being close to my family, and if I was a tourist it would have been fine as well.
The bed was comfortable, and there was hot water. It was clean, but half the electrical outlets didn't work. The TV was so far away I could hardly see it.
At first I couldn't even find the room, because it was in a dark corner at one end of the building, and no light was on outside. I had to get staff to come and show me where it was, and then they turned the light on.
I wondered if I had been given the 'ha ha' room because I had a dog with me.
The questions below ask about breakfast. I did not know there was any breakfast! Just paper cup coffee in the room.
CV

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Catherine V

Travelers are raving about these North Vancouver hotels

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We chose this hotel for the price and it being pet-friendly. The front desk lady was not very friendly and attempted to make us pay for the room upon check-in that we already had paid in full through Travelocity. She would not listen to our explanations and eventually consulted the manager of the hotel who resolved the situation. The room is a bit worn and tired showing signs of the hotel's age. Location in North Vancouver wasn't bad, but would definitely try to stay in Gastown, Yaletown, or Downtown Vancouver next time so we would not be forced to drive to go out for dinner or drinks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#58 of 90 in Vancouver

Been to Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate? Share your experiences!