“Great for the price.”

Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
“Great for the price.”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great place to stay considering the value.
Pros:
Great Price
Comfortable linens and bed.
Fantastic water pressure that washes away everything.... Including sins. :)
cons:
Narrow parking spots
No kleenex in the tissue box.

Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We strive to offer value and comfort for all of our guests. We hope to welcome you back on a return visit to North Vancouver.

Sincerely

Randy Price
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cape Cod
Reviewed May 22, 2012

It may have been my fault for to specifying a non-smoking room when I made my reservation but this room smelled like a poorly maintained bar...just awful. My suitcase smelled for day just from sitting in the room for 8 hours. Had it not been midnight I would have asked for a change but it loooked like the place was full and I knew I was tired enough to fall right to sleep.
The smoke detector was hanging down and obviously not working...an outlet had no cover and exposed wires..the rug was stained beyond anything I have ever seen in a hotel. All in all pretty unsafe and unappealing.

That said...the place is a minute from the Lion's Gate Bridge...cost $60 or so...and I made it through the night with no long-term problems like bedbugs or gunshot wounds.

If you have the opportunity check your room prior to staying because it appears I may have received the worst room due to the busy weekend and my late arrrival. I did, however, have a reservation a week or more in advance and didnlt get any sort of warning from the guy at the desk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dabcape

Travelers are raving about these North Vancouver hotels

Milton, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We chose this motel based on location and it served its purpose. Rooms are basic and in need of some TLC but clean. Short walk to restaurants. Free wifi. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed May 14, 2012

When I arrived at 12:30 PM (check-in time is at 3 PM), the staff did everything possible to provide a room. Not only that - I had booked a queen room and got a king room instead.
The room itself was spacious and had lots of storage space. The bathroom was small but functional. Big plus: hot water ran in less than 30 seconds and stayed the same temperature.
The bed had a firm mattress and four different kind of pillows, and I slept extremely well.
The hotel is a bit away from the street, so there is less noise.

Free wi-fi was also a big advantage for me.

Conveniently located adjacent to a Denny's and Pho Japolo (vietnamese restaurant).
There are bus stops nearby. You can get to downtown Vancouver within 20 minutes, to the airport within 50 minutes. The Park Royal Shopping Mall is also only a short bus ride away (BTW, there is an amazing bakery and a German butcher).

I was very happy during my stay and was glad I had not paid for a hotel in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Traveller176
Stäfa
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The rooms are basic and pretty clean if you don't look too close. Wifi is free (as opposed to many downtown chain-hotels where you have to pay up to 30$ per 24h) and the busride to the city is first of all scenic and is bearable.
The nearby road is hardly to be heard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Travelling_Patrick
Calgary
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Close to the Horseshoe Bay Ferry (10 minutes), friendly, helpful staff, easy access from Highway #1 - exit 14. I witnessed the manager personally fetch ice and deliver it to a disabled guest. And our room was spotless. Also, there is a Denny's and an Earls within a 30 second walk.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank islandshadow
Randy_Price, Manager at Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope to have the privelage of welcoming you back soon!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This has to be one of the worst nights in a hotel. Checked in at 5pm, room was not ready. The housekeeper told us to drop our bags and leave. the rooms were very basic and the whole space felt very cramped, not much space to move around in. bathrooms are very small, the whole place felt like a hospital room, very white, very dated. yuck. Our phone didn't work either so when I was alone in the room at night and the neighbors were banging on our wall and calling out to our room from the outside hallway I couldn't call the desk for help and felt very unsafe. our room also faced the alley and there we're people hanging out back there until around 3am making a lot of noise.
At 120/night I'd say it was the worst money ever spent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emma W
I searched what part of your name you posted in your title, however we do not have a record of you staying in our hotel in the past six months. Our rooms do not face an alley, and the rate you stated you paid is almost twice the current rate at our property. The events that you described seem quite substantial, and in speaking with the staff nobody has any knowledge of a situation even remotely resembling your experience. As noted in other reviews we offer a clean comfortable quiet environment for our guests, and events as the ones you wrote about seem quite out of place. We encourage all of our guests to speak to us immediately if they have any concerns so that we may address them in a timely professional manner. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like my personal assistance with your concern.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#57 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate? Share your experiences!