“A lovely visit!”
Review of ThistleDown House

ThistleDown House
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our stay at ThistleDown House was delightful. The grounds were in bloom, the bedroom was elegantly decorated, the bath was luxuriously appointed, and breakfast was a work of culinary art! Our favorite part of our stay, however, was the conversation over breakfast, both with the other guests and with our fascinating and friendly innkeepers, who have been welcoming visitors to ThistleDown House for eighteen years!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for ThistleDown House

Reviewed August 13, 2013

For my birthday I treated myself to a night at ThistleDown. Although I live in the city, it felt miles away, with the beautiful setting of the BnB. The reception was very warm and I felt right at home. The room was cozy, well equipped and I had a great sleep. Breakfast the next morning was outstanding, and my food sensitivities posed no problems whatsoever, which is always much appreciated! Directions and recommendations for my hike the next day were given with enthusiasm. I will recommend this lovely place to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife & I came to North Vancouver for a family celebration and required a one night stay at a nearby lodging. We stayed at the Thistledown for the night and found ourselves in a beautiful heritage home surrounded by many unique hidden gems that made exploring the home and property one of the highlights of our stay. The host & hostesses we met were gracious and made us feel very welcomed. The complimentary glass of sherry or port was a nicely added touch to the welcoming. The following day breakfast was elegant, and served with friendly smiles and engaging conversation. I cannot overstate the genuine warmth we experienced from Ruth, Rex & Liz. I highly recommend Thistledown to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We wished we had actually booked a couple of extra days at Thistledown - we booked last minute because of a cancelling at another place. Were we ever glad we did! Rex & Ruth were amazing hosts. Everything was outstanding: the food, the rooms, the location. Check out their website thistle-down.com for pictures of the place and some of the amazing food they serve. There is no doubt we will book with them next time we fly into Vancouver!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are visiting Vancouver, then this is THE B & B for your stay. Your hosts Rex and Ruth (and Liz their friend) have that special ability that creates an atmosphere that befits their splendid heirtage home. Their attention to every detail for your stay is immaculate. The rooms are full of surprises and show a superb mix of collectable antiques and modern decor . Breakfast!! What a way to start a day!! Simply out of this world.!!! Each time we leave we promise ourselves to return because we just want more. M J & P E Sharman Leicester. UK

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but we love Sweet Tibbies with its balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My daughter and I had our first adventure together in 12 years and our stay at ThistleDown House was beyond our expectations. It was very sychronistic that we stayed there, as my daughter created the itinerary for what she wanted to do on this journey and I (in another state) chose the place to stay. Neither of us shared our choices until we got to ThistleDown. The Capilano Suspension bridge was at the top of her list and it was literally within 2 blocks walking distance. We both could live here in N.Vancouver, Canada, what a treasure!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I don't often write reviews, but I feel like this experience was worth it. My husband and I spent four days in Vancouver with a couple of friends for a quick get away but also in part to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. Ruth and Rex went above and beyond to ensure that our stay and our anniversary was a spectacular experience. We did a simple vow renewal in the gardens at Thistledown. Ruth and Rex created a beautiful setting for our renewal. All of their recommendations for places to visit and eat were spot on. Wonderful people, great B&B. Deserves all of the accolades you see from all of its guests!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends