“Great hiking at Mt. Seymour!”
Review of Mt Seymour

Mt Seymour
Book In Advance
More Info
$561.43*
and up
North Vancouver Private Hiking Adventure With Lunch
More attraction details
Owner description: Mt Seymour has been the choice for Vancouver's outdoor enthusiasts for over 70 years. An easy drive from Greater Vancouver carries you out of the city and into our pristine winter playground where you can take in breathtaking views of Mt Baker, Vancouver Island and beyond. The Wood family took over the operation in 1984 have been proud to share Mt Seymour and continue the long-standing tradition of providing each and every guest with a memorable mountain experience. Whether you're a seasoned pro rider or have never seen snow before, we're excited to share it with you. What makes Mt Seymour different?Mt Seymour is Vancouver's starting gate to winter recreation. We offer something for everyone: skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, winter education programs, snowtubing, tobogganing, great food, and special events. Mt Seymour's elevation and proximity to the Pacific Ocean provides us with the most reliable and consistent snowfall in the region. While snow quality and quantity is important, our most recognized feature is a long-standing tradition of providing fun winter experiences for all abilities and ages! Mt Seymour features the right blend of natural and enhanced terrain. Beginners feel welcome and safe on our many gentle slopes that make learning fun and easy and more advanced skiers and riders appreciate the challenge and variety of the natural features, gullies, and our professionally sculpted terrain parks. Mt Seymour's Ski and Snowboard School offers a wide variety of programs to meet the needs of new and progressing skiers and riders. The school embodies our proud tradition of safety, fun, and learning. Snowtubing and tobogganing at our Enquist Lodge are exciting and accessible activities that are fun for families and friends of all ages. We also offer an excellent snowshoe program and were recently voted the No.1 snowshoe friendly ski resort in North America. We provide, guided tours, over 10 kilometers of dedicated snowshoe trails, and snowshoe rentals.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Vancouver
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great hiking at Mt. Seymour!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I recently went to Mt. Seymour, hiking with a group of young people. Our original plan was to hike the Dog Mountain trail, but we were surprised to find that it was still packed in snow. We attempted it, but it was far too slippery. After ten minutes we decided to change trails and headed down the mountain.

After about a 5 minute drive we came upon the provincial park sign. (left hand side when travelling down the mountain) We pulled in and were happy to find a picnic table, trail map sign, outhouse, and a beautiful trail!

We hiked in about an hour, had lunch, and hiked out. We saw beautiful old trees, colourful mosses, and many interesting plants and shrubs.

After the hike we enjoyed cold drinks and snacks on the picnic table, and were thankful for the outhouse! A great place to hike with many options. Just remember to check the trails before going....the snow sticks around later than sometimes expected!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ellaVancouver

White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Family Mountain”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited for the first time after living in Metro Vancouver for years! Convenient parking, great staff and night skiing was beautiful. Our kids were pretty new skiers and they were comfortable.

Visited February 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulous family fun!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

OK, so it's not Whistler or Lake Louise, but a season pass bought in September pays for itself in a couple of visits for kids, and even the adult pass is well under $400 taxes in. Weekends in jan and feb you want to be there early at the weekends to get easy access to parking, but midweek it's really quiet. Spring break the conditions have been awesome, and no lines at all...not for lifts, or lunch, or ladies washroom :)
The new high speed quad has made all the difference - easy load and unload for kids means less stoppages, and even at its busiest we never waited more than ten minutes this season, usually no more than two or three minutes.
Kids rated their ski school experience as "awesome".
Sure I'd rather ski whistler, but paying for childcare for the kids or skiing with them for an hour or so before they start whining....right now as a family Seymour works for us just great, love it!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Squ1zz
Langley City, Canada
“Rockchute”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went to Mt Seymour today. I had to wait for cpl of hours so I decided to go at the bar.
I made a complaint about one of the staff (the girl at the door). But really it was just a miscommunication . I understood her wrong. I watched her while I was there seating at the bar. She was very happy, she was helping everyone. Run the food, run drink, taking food order for the server cuz they were busy... Very helpful and multitask. She was very good!!! I just wanted to apologize to her about my comment today. The fellow at the bar was good as well. Great staff overall at the rock chute and i will definitly come back.

Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great for hiking, snowshoeing, tubing, scenic views and more”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Whenever I return to British Columbia, I always try and fit in a visit to Mount Seymour. It's the most affordable mountain in Greater Vancouver for winter activities, to my knowledge, and they keep the roads well plowed so that you can drive up even when it's snowing. It's not as big as some of the other mountains, so I can't comment on what it's like for skiing and snowboarding, but it is absolutely worth a visit at least once.

Visited December 2012