“Great stay”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went there for a weekend get away, friendly service and a great location. Excellent connection to downtown with the Seabus. The market is very nice and has many great stalls, certainly try the Soupmeister. We will certainly be back here!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Farah S, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and had an opportunity to discover the market below. You are right, the Soup Meister is an awesome place to eat, and they make the BEST SOUP! Its always made from scratch and certainly well worth a visit. We are also happy that you found the service to be friend, and that you enjoyed your getaway! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Lonsdale Quay Hotel

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I drove up from Seattle but was late checking in. The staff was very helpful arranging for my daughter to check in earlier than me. They were also very patient with my many calls for directions to the parking garage....she actually stayed on the phone to direct me out of the wrong garage and into the right one.
We didn't have time to use the breakfast coupons because we were taking the early ferry to Vancouver Island.
YES, I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest from Virginia

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you found the staff to be helpful while you found our parking. I’m so happy that you would choose to stay with us again, and hopefully next time for a longer period of time.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in the winter and made the mistake of asking for a room on the waterfront. When we booked in at about 2:30 p.m. on a cold sunny day, we found that the heat had been turned off in the room and the temp. was only 12°C! We turned up the heat and decided the spectacular view and well-appointed, clean room was worth it. The room was on the 4th floor, with panoramic views to the east and south. Hours later we regretted our decision. The heat finally made it to 18°C at 10 p.m. but the bathroom was like a refrigerator for the duration of our stay. But again, that view...... So I would recommend NOT staying in a waterfront room in the winter unless you can be sure it will be warm. Our other complaint was with the WiFi, very thready and frustrating. Polite apologies from staff but no resolution. On the plus side, this hotel is above the Lonsdale Quay Market, lots of good food to sample and shops to wander through, convenient to regional transportation exchange nearby too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest from Victoria

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you found the Carrie Cates Suite well appointed, and clean. The room does have a spectacular 180 degree view of the city! I’m so sorry you found the room to be cold. We have paid special attention to this, as it is a very large room, and we are now pre-heating the room on cold days before check in. We have had guests check in after your stay, and noted that the warm room was appreciated.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for 3 - 4 days.
Chose this hotel because of the location in North Vancouver.
The hotel is kind of dark, and the front desk staff seemed to me a bit unfriendly.
Not much positive to say about this hotel in my opinion and my experience..

The location, however is very good.
Great market in the same building.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SalsaSenorita_10
Farah S, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of your stay from 3 years ago. I can assure you that the hotel has improved in so many ways, and you'll find other comments to be positive. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay, and hope that next time you'll address these issues at the of your stay. Any of our staff would be happy to assist you.
Enjoy your future stays in Vancouver.
Regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2013

At the hotwire rate of $58.00 plus tax and fees and $11 parking this is a very good hotel. Since a competitor built a modern hotel next door I think they have had to lower their prices. At one time this would have been a upscale hotel. Now its tube TVS and furnishings are dated and there are minor signs of wear. You can park in the u/g lot next door on the weekends for free. Access to the lobby is thru the mall-- just follow the signs. The location, as part of a small waterfront mall and seabus terminal is superb. Minor hallway noise but fairly quiet, good beds, small fridge and easy access to a food court and other restaurants make this a good choice for a Vancouver visit. The seabus leaves every 15 min for Vancouver from the adjacent dock.

Room Tip: Avoid adjoining rooms with a shared door
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WillyDoug
Farah S, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. I'm so happy that you got a good rate through Hotwire. Hotwire allows hotels to discount last room inventory. Our rates have always been based on occupancy, and I'm glad that you benefited from his. I'm happy that you found our beds to be good, and enjoyed the access to the food court. You had a room with one of the very few tube TV’s. 99% of the hotel has flat screen TV’s, but a few armoirs do not fit the new screens well. We are going to be updating those rooms this year.
Your trip on parking free in the ICBC lot on the weekends is a great one! Just a reminder, that you cannot park there after 6am on Monday Mornings. It is attached to our hotel via the 2nd floor.
We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I used to stay here all the time. I like the location (above the Quay, steps from the Sea Bus for easy access to downtown and at the bottom of Lower Lonsdale where there are lots of great restaurants and shops) but my last stay (in September 2012) grossed me out completely. I moved the nightstand to plug in my iPhone by the bed and there was 1/2 an inch of dusty hairy stuff on the baseboard. That made me look around. The extra pillows on the bed were gross. They were clearly not cleaned or changed in awhile let alone after the last people were there.

I left the cleaning staff a note saying that I would appreciate having the area vacuumed and pointed specifically to behind the nightstand. I also asked that the pillow be replaced. I left a $2 tip. Tip was gone, pillow and dirty area was still there when I got back.

There are a lot of things to like about this hotel which is why I've stayed there 4 or 5 times but I was so grossed out wondering what dirt I couldn't see ... it's really hard to relax and enjoy a place when you know it's dirty and the staff clearly do not care or are not paid enough to do their job properly.

There's now another hotel nearby that is very similar price and new. It's so far very clean and also has a great harbour view. Plus it has an incredibly awesome vibe in the lobby which the Lonsdale misses. The rooms are modern (Lonsdale rooms are dated now although very large). There's no where to hang out at this hotel at night. The Quay market shuts down and it's hard to even get into the hotel unless you know where to go in.

This hotel has a lot of good things going for it and if you get a great rate you're ok to stay here - just inspect your room for cleanliness before you settle in.

Room Tip: The rooms are very dirty take a look around to make sure it was cleaned.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RoadWarrior
Farah S, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the location and amenities that surround our hotel. I was very sorry to read about the cleanliness in your room. Your comments are going to be shared with our Head Housekeeper, and I would very much appreciate if you could email me at farah@lonsdalequayhotel.com and let me know which room you stayed in. We take comments like yours very seriously. You'll find that most of our reviews find our hotel to be clean and comfortable.
We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future. Our rates are considered the most competitive on the North Shore, and we are happy to offer our great location and great rates to our guests.
Farah Steen

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
North Vancouver Hotel
#6 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#8 of 10 in North Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#60 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Lonsdale Quay Hotel? Share your experiences!