I used to stay here all the time. I like the location (above the Quay, steps from the Sea Bus for easy access to downtown and at the bottom of Lower Lonsdale where there are lots of great restaurants and shops) but my last stay (in September 2012) grossed me out completely. I moved the nightstand to plug in my iPhone by the bed and there was 1/2 an inch of dusty hairy stuff on the baseboard. That made me look around. The extra pillows on the bed were gross. They were clearly not cleaned or changed in awhile let alone after the last people were there.
I left the cleaning staff a note saying that I would appreciate having the area vacuumed and pointed specifically to behind the nightstand. I also asked that the pillow be replaced. I left a $2 tip. Tip was gone, pillow and dirty area was still there when I got back.
There are a lot of things to like about this hotel which is why I've stayed there 4 or 5 times but I was so grossed out wondering what dirt I couldn't see ... it's really hard to relax and enjoy a place when you know it's dirty and the staff clearly do not care or are not paid enough to do their job properly.
There's now another hotel nearby that is very similar price and new. It's so far very clean and also has a great harbour view. Plus it has an incredibly awesome vibe in the lobby which the Lonsdale misses. The rooms are modern (Lonsdale rooms are dated now although very large). There's no where to hang out at this hotel at night. The Quay market shuts down and it's hard to even get into the hotel unless you know where to go in.
This hotel has a lot of good things going for it and if you get a great rate you're ok to stay here - just inspect your room for cleanliness before you settle in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come for the Experience! Located on the spectacular North Vancouver waterfront! The Lonsdale Quay Hotel is a gateway to Vancouver's attractions, Whistler and major North Vancouver businesses. Whether for business or pleasure, our hotel is your best choice on the north shore of Vancouver! Explore our new Executive Rooms, Junior Suites and Standard rooms! Our Waterfront Boutique property will leave you with lasting memories. Fantastic Vancouver waterfront boutique hotel located in a vibrant market and shops. Your best North Vancouver Hotel choice. Accessible to all attractions! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lonsdale Quay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale Quay North Vancouver
- Hotel Lonsdale Quay
- Lonsdale Quay Hotel North Vancouver