“Did the trick...”

Lonsdale Quay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
“Did the trick...”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I had purchased a package for the hotel and breakfast through Groupon. Since I did not book before Nov. 30th, I was charged a late fee of $40. Very sneaky as the expiry date is April 30th!!!
I had requested a king bed and on arrival I we were given a king.
I had limited interaction with the staff, but they did seem pleasant. We were able to get free parking in the icbc car park.
Location is good as long as you keep a seabus schedule close at hand.
Room was ok for the price (group-on price that is, if we has paid full price I do not think it is worth it).
We had a voucher for breakfast in the hotel cafe. The waitress was nice, food very average.
Like I said, the hotel 'did the trick.'

• Stayed January 2012
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and experience with Groupon. When buying from Groupon, it clearly indicates that you have 45 days to book your room. After that time, only the face value of the certificate is valid. At this point, the great deal is not available any more. The room was a "deal", so the difference (still at a discount) was due. I understand the frustration, but the "fine print" was indicated by Groupon. You are right, all bookings where only valid until April 30th.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the "deal" and your breakfast. I apologize that the "fine" print was not clear to you. We'll review this when we do this type of promotion again.
Farah Steen, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This boutique hotel is a great value for staying in North Vancouver. It's located right on the water and is about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown Vancouver. If you're unfamiliar with the area, it's difficult to find the hotel. Look for the Lonsdale Quay Market instead. The hotel is above the market on the 3rd floor. Parking is also very reasonable at $10 per day.

The rooms are quite spacious and free wifi is always a plus. Especially if you're not from Canada and need wifi to look up directions and things to do/eat. The staff are nice and helpful. I would stay here again if I were in North Vancouver.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your great review! YES! We are a cozy boutique hotel, and we offer ammenities that is very unique to our hotel. We recently added the Free Wi-FI access, and I'm so pleased that you where able to enjoy it freely. We look forward to welcoming you back at another time. Sincerely, Farah Stéen General Manager
Comox, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The hotel location is 2nd to none with a very reasonable price for a major city.
My stay was price-met to travelocity's listed rate with no questions directly on thier own electronic booking system.
Downtown is a short 5 minute ride across the bay on the SeaBus(the hotel is beside the terminal) - scenic views of Vancouver Harbour and the city, and especially the North Shore mountains with its 2 ski hills (night views of the lights are great). The seabus connects with the lower mainland transit system and also directly to Vancouver Airport and is faster than by cab (not to mention way way cheaper).
However carpets are old, windows clunky and not closing properly, heating/air conditioner battered, tiny tiny restaurant is on limited hours of service(breakfast only and doenst get out of bed early).
No portico to do check-in or get bags out - you have to haul your own bags out of the basement parking into clunky old and very slow elevators. No parking valet service that I could find. The underground parking is difficult to get into(one way only on the street) and no hotel dedicated parking in the underground. Signage in the underground parking is not great, takes a bit of figguring out - had to phone the desk about the meter and was told to not use the meter, "come up and we will give you a ticket to take back down and put on your dash" - whee, last thing I want to do after driving all day! There was a "lot full" sign when I arrived and had to double-park in the street and phone the desk to get into the parking lot! (I was not apprecitated by the transit bus drivers).
Been coming here on and off for the last 15 years, and will continue to do so for the convenience of the location and having the market right there on the 2 floors below the hotel.
However do need a good restaurant close by to be able to walk to (there is limited choice right now - its a long and steep walk up Lonsdale Avenue) - downtown Vancouver is your best bet - Seabus ride is only $2.50 and you have limitless restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for "harbour view" upgrade on checking in. and ask for the 4th floor rather than the 3...
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that we have been welcoming you back for 15 years! That's wonderful. I see that you are enjoying the excellent rates and continue to return. I read your comment about the parking, and wanted to let you know that you are only needing to give us your stall number. The balance is done at the front desk. At your convenience, you can add the parking pass to your dashboard. Also, I'm glad that you enjoy the property ammenities and surrounding restaurants. Our restaurant has limited hours as we are surrounded by fantastic choices on the property and in "walking" distance. The title of your review was very welcomed, and you should know that we are constantly looking for ways to improve. The airconditioners are definietly on the improvement list. You'll note that we have recently added Free Wifi and all the rooms have new LCD Flat Screen Tv's. Until we meet again, please let me know directly if you have any further concerns. Thank you for your patronage! Sincerely, Farah Stéen, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for one night in a single room and overall it was a very good stay. The room was very spacious, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The 32' LCD TV is definitely a pleasant surprise as well. The only downsides for the room was that there is no view at all, it literally looked out to a pavement. But given the rate I paid, I was not expecting a sea view, and the view did not bother me. The air conditioning unit was old fashioned and was difficult to adjust the temperature of the room, and is quite noisy.

The staff at the reception was friendly and efficient, the check-in and check-out were smooth and quick.

Would I stay at this hotel again, definitely!

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that you found the value to be excelelnt, and your room and bed to be comfortable. Some of our specials on the non view rooms are discounted accordingly, and allows guests to stay at our vibrant property at a great rate, allowing for funds to spend on your "memories"! We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Vancouver, Canada. Sincerely, Farah Stéen, General Manager
Vancouver
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I don’t have much to say and that’s a good thing. The hotel is quiet and comfortable with plenty of amenities in the immediate area. The wifi is quick. The rooms are clean with mini-fridges and small coffee makers. The staff are friendly and check in/out is quick. And to top it off, they have very competitive rates. I can’t find any fault.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far ends of the halls are quieter because you don't hear people going in and out of...
3 Thank Breal604
lqhmanager, General Manager at Lonsdale Quay Hotel, responded to this review, December 25, 2011
Dear Valued Guest. Happy Holidays! We are so happy that you had a perfect stay with nothing to worry about, other than enjoying your comfortable stay! We are also glad that you found the rates competitive also. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future. Farah Steen, General Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The location of this hotel in in a unique place. Located inside a shopping destination on a pier makes the arrival a bit of an adventure. After parking your car in the basement of the parking garage and locating the hotel elevator it all starts to make sense that this is an unconventional hotel entrance. Be sure to check out the small but scenic fitness room that has a harbour view!

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank keln
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! Yes, we are truly a different type of hotel experience, and that's what makes our hotel special! Yes, once you get through our unique entrance, there's so much to discover. The shops, the restaurants and the market below delight the senses, and are truly memorable. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Regards, Farah Steen, General Manager
Victoria, BC
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I used to live in Noth Vancouver and used the Sea Bus gateway for almost three years and I was intrigued about the hotel of top of the market. Fast-forward 5 years and I found myself looking for a hotel to stay in North Vancouver and I found this great deal in Expedia... Why not?
The location is great. You can actually be in downtown Vancouver in 15 minutes, instead of driving 30-45 minutes through the Lions Gate Bridge. You can't find a hotel in the Vancouver area with some many ooptions to eat, but studd than this hotel, all just a short elevator ride two floors down.
The staff was friendly and the checkin and checkout process were a breeze. The rooms are larger than other hotels in the area and they look clean and well-kept.
The one minus that really doesn't allow me to give the hotel 4 or 5 stars is the layout of the rooms and the other areas of the hotel. All rooms are located in a long corridor and reaching any of them is a little somber. In addition, the rooms go back to back against the meeting/ball rooms. We were very unlucky because the night of our stay, there was a company christmas party. Needles to say, the music and noise were almost unbearable. It was late and too late to change rooms or hotels, but I would have done it, had I known about this little feature.
After the party was done, it was actually pretty quiet and enjoyable, especially waking up with the sunrise in our window, overlooking the North Vancouver shores.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RanyDanny
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
#1 of 10 in North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#9 of 10 in North Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#58 of 90 in Vancouver

Been to Lonsdale Quay Hotel? Share your experiences!