“They say "Great Hotels Guests Love" and that is true here”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Upon arriving at the hotel I was surprised at all the improvements they have made as compared to their pictures online. They have beautiful water fountains at the entrance, new green lights and a new sign. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms have looked to have been updated. They have large flat screen televisions which I appreciated as I watch a lot of sport games. Unlike some hotels they have a decent size and brand - LG. The work desk was large enough to spread out all of my work, unlike some other hotels who have much smaller work desks. The hotel had a great Restaurant and Bar as well and is across from a Spa which I was lucky enough to visit after my meeting! It was heavenly!! All the staff I came across were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and I slept comfortably. Overall this truly is a great hotel that any guest would love!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed March 23, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights recently traveling with our kids (8 and 5) This place is a model for what all hotels should strive for. We prepaid online for ~$130/night plus taxes for a double queen.

Free amenities included:

*parking
*newspaper (in the lobby)
*wireless internet
*kids eat free in the restaurant (huge portions)

The hotel is located on the edge of a park in a residential area within seconds of the highway so access to GVA is super easy. The hotel is a new modern building with a pool (the kids loved it) a large hot tub, electric sauna, restaurant, bar. Attached is a small liquor store and bar (didn't visit but we heard no noise even though it was St Pattys day) There is a small convenience store across the street and a big super store within a few minutes walk.

The room was pretty standard. Clean. The beds were super comfortable. The room had a fridge and microwave. We heard no noise from adjoining rooms or hallway, I'm a light sleeper so I really appreciated this. One quibble, we slept with the window open but the restaurant exhaust hood must have been nearby because in the morning it was quite noticeable. If you like the window open, ask for a room on the front of the hotel.

We will most definitely use this hotel for a jump off point for any future trips to Vancouver

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank chickenpocket
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We arrived late at night and thankfully our room was still available even though all of the hotels in the area were fully booked. When I walked in, they were turning people away at the front desk. We checked out the Lynn Canyon Park nearby in the morning; our kids had a great time crossing the suspension bridge and following the trails around the park. And, it's free! After the fresh air, we headed to the airport.

1  Thank Wootten00
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I'm often in Vancouver, and choose this place all the time. It is a little out of the way for most people, but the rooms are pretty big, the staff is friendly, and it is clean. The real bonus is Seymours Pub which is right out the back doors of this place. Great pub fare, and an awesome place to watch the game.
I would imagine for skiiers, which I am not, that this is a great place to stay if your heading up to one of the North Shore shi hills.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2009

This hotel was great, very clean, everything I wanted, high speed wireless and wired internet (Free), free local calls, large towels, free paper, and the location was aboslultely perfect.

The Superstore is accross the street so you could go and buy some groceries to compensate for the no breakfast plan included. The room has a small good fridge, but icre cream would not stay cold enough.

Microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, toiletries, offer missed toiletry item replacemnt (no charge). Indoor pool (small) jaccuzzi, sauna. Small (mostly cardio) gym but a few dumb-bells, but no bar bells. multi purpose weight machine as well.

This place also has a washer and dryer for the use of guests, accepts coins.

2  Thank AlmostCuban
Reviewed August 28, 2009

My daughter & I stayed here when we went to visit my aunt in Burnaby. The location was perfect since it was right off the freeway - no driving around searching for it. The pool and spa were great, the rooms and lobby were very clean and bright. My daughter ate for free in The Pantry Restaurant, which was very good, including the service. We loved that we could hop right on the freeway (Hwy. 1) and easily head east out to Burnaby or go west to head up to Grouse Mtn. And when we returned, even after dark, we felt very safe exiting the freeway and walking into the hotel by ourselves, since we didn't have my husband with us on this trip.

1  Thank FamilyofFive1111
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Stayed here with my Family in a Deluse Room for just one night and found this hotel excellent. Staff are friendly and very helpfull, we ate dinner and breakfast in the Restaurant, while the food was slow to arrive the quality was good and the staff were excellent. Great location for visiting the City and if you have to catch the Ferry to the Island early.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#59 of 92 in Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#8 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver? Share your experiences!