Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Lonsdale Quay Hotel(North Vancouver)
$202
$154
  • Restaurant
$187
$153
$131
North Vancouver Hotel(North Vancouver)
$145
$541
$461
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspantry restaurantkids eat freeoff the highwayliquor storereal canadiansuper storehot tubindoor poolfront desk staffgrouse mountainfree parkingsmall kitchenettenorth vanking suitevery nice hotelfitness roomquiet location
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I recently stayed at the North Vancouver Holiday Inn, and was very impressed with the hotel.

The rooms are modern, clean, and well laid out, the hotel is modern, clean, with excellent staff, and the location is great too, with a Save on Foods just across the highway.

This hotel is ideal for my business trips to North Vancouver, as it avoids the nightmare morning commute over the Lion's Gate bridge, a huge plus.

I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As is usual, the higher the better if you want a view, and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were visiting my sister in North Vancouver for one night and decided to stay in a hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Holiday Inn. It was close to the highway, but we did not hear any traffic noise. As it was the end of November, the hotel lobby was beautifully decorated for the Christmas season. The staff was pleasant and the room was very comfortable and tastefully decorated. The rate was well below what we expected to pay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This place gets top marks for the staff on reception and the quality of the premises. The entry is very swish and the room appointments were good. I like having windows that open and although there is a bit of traffic noise the location is excellent for Vancouver. Peak hour traffic may be a problem but every city has to cope with this. There are lots of warnings about the car park security, we didn't have any problem and I suspect it is no more vulnerable than most. Both the bar and restaurant downstairs are not too bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had a great stay in this hotel. We stayed in single room with two beds and small kitchenette. The room was quite small for a family of 4, but the washroom was nice and large. The paper plates and disposable cups kind of turned me off initially, but I liked that they are new with each room change and its easy to ask for a new set. Everything was as expected ... service was good, room was clean, everything works (this place is pretty new). But its the small things that I really liked.

For instance, we stayed around the Christmas and New Years and the place was beautifully and tastefully decorated inside and out. As you drive in, there are christmas lights decorating the trees and bushes. The TV had a laminated list of all the channels available. Really liked that... there is a free bottle of water each day - like. Internet, parking was free = like. There are 4 pillows per bed ... 2 of them are labelled "soft" and two are labelled "firm" = like.

The Pantry Restaurant is a familiar brand name. You know what you're going to get when you come in = like. The hotel was quiet, clean and well kept but thats kind of expected and not really a bonus.

When writing reviews, I always like to say something bad. I guess the only thing I can say about this hotel is that the location is not spectacular. The views aren't great. You're not really within walking distance of anything. Also the value was average, we got a lot more for less $$ from other hotels at this timeframe (Christmas / New Years).

Oh, my wife asked me to mention that there is no dish detergent to clean up the pots and pans with. It would have been nice since the small kitchenette has no dishwasher.

Advice: bring your cell phone or notebook to the pool area. They have about ~18 large flags on the ceiling and its kind of fun to see how many you can guess. :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mickey4264
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were spending part of the Christmas holidays visiting our son in Vancouver. This hotel was in close proximity to him and therefore a good choice. We spent 5 nights in a 1 br suite so we could have access to a small kitchen. The check in was vey quick and friendly. The suite was average but clean and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

There is a vey clean and well kept pool and hot tub also. Laundry facilities on site as well as a restaurant which we did not use.

The only thing I noticed was that some of the front desk staff did not acknowledge us when we walked thru the lobby coming and going.

The location is not close to downtown but Vancouver has a great public transportation system and it's easy to get to the city by taking a bus to Lonsdale Quay and hopping on the sea us which will drop you off right downtown.
We were in Kelowna for 5 nights and back in Vancouver for 3 nights. We decided to finish our vacation at the Holiday Inn as it was good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family