We had stayed at the Holiday Inn several times throughout our vacation in BC and naturally chose this one coming into North Vancouver for one night's stay on Friday, August 16th. Also, the fact that it had a pool was a big bonus for our son who is 7 yrs old. The front desk staff was extremely helpful when I asked about an upgrade - they said they had one suite left but it was smoking (my husbands smokes) so we were ok with this as there was a HUGE patio off the master bedroom where my husband could be outside. The lady at the front desk really helped us too when I asked for the corporate rate as it was cheaper than the room we had originally booked! excellent! The hotel has an onsite restaurant called the Pantry which served great food until 10:00 pm and kids under 12 eat free with a coupon the hotel provides you.
Our ONLY problem was that our door lock was buggered. It had a red light which stayed lit about two hours after we arrived. When we called the front desk they said they would fix it, they figured it was the battery. Our card keys wouldn't open the door so we had to call them to let us in. A couple times I had to get my key card re-programmed because I had it next to my cell phone. the front desk staff said that the cards are very sensitive and try not to have it near your cell. Anyway, no one came to fix the door so that was kinda disappointing but not a hill to die on. We would stay here again and would recommend. It's a good location as it's close to TC 1 highway and there's a superstore right across the street. It's a nice hotel and the pool was really big with a great hot tub and lots of parking for guests.
The day we checked out we couldn't find a trolley for our luggage so that was annoying but with everyone checking out around the same time, it was understandable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning hotel conveniently located off Highway 1. Spacious rooms and suites with features that include microwaves, fridges, free internet access, free parking & bottled water. Great amenities include restaurant, lounge, banquet rooms, indoor pool, fitness centre, hot tub & sauna. Accessible rooms offered.20 min drive to Downtown Vancouver and only 90 min drive from Whistler and minutes from Grouse & Cypress Mountains, Capilano Suspension Bridge, PNE & Deep Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites North Vancouver
- Holiday Inn North Vancouver
- North Vancouver Holiday Inn