“Great night's stay”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had stayed at the Holiday Inn several times throughout our vacation in BC and naturally chose this one coming into North Vancouver for one night's stay on Friday, August 16th. Also, the fact that it had a pool was a big bonus for our son who is 7 yrs old. The front desk staff was extremely helpful when I asked about an upgrade - they said they had one suite left but it was smoking (my husbands smokes) so we were ok with this as there was a HUGE patio off the master bedroom where my husband could be outside. The lady at the front desk really helped us too when I asked for the corporate rate as it was cheaper than the room we had originally booked! excellent! The hotel has an onsite restaurant called the Pantry which served great food until 10:00 pm and kids under 12 eat free with a coupon the hotel provides you.

Our ONLY problem was that our door lock was buggered. It had a red light which stayed lit about two hours after we arrived. When we called the front desk they said they would fix it, they figured it was the battery. Our card keys wouldn't open the door so we had to call them to let us in. A couple times I had to get my key card re-programmed because I had it next to my cell phone. the front desk staff said that the cards are very sensitive and try not to have it near your cell. Anyway, no one came to fix the door so that was kinda disappointing but not a hill to die on. We would stay here again and would recommend. It's a good location as it's close to TC 1 highway and there's a superstore right across the street. It's a nice hotel and the pool was really big with a great hot tub and lots of parking for guests.

The day we checked out we couldn't find a trolley for our luggage so that was annoying but with everyone checking out around the same time, it was understandable.

1  Thank Radiater

Reviewed August 19, 2013

When we are in Vancouver, this is where we stay. You need a car but crossing the Lion's Gate Bridge, and following Canada 1 to N Van and then the Holiday Inn is just great. In contrast to the busy city, this is like a quiet oasis where it is easy to sleep and enjoy life. The hotel does not look like a classic Holiday Inn, is off the highway, easy to get in and out of, has wonderful and helpful front desk people, and the area has nice restaurants and cafes. We ask for an upper room on the back side away from the highway, and have always been accommodated. The rooms are large and beds comfortable for us. The place is clean and always first rate.

Room Tip: Recommend upper room on the side away from the highway
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were looking for a location with easy access to the greater Vancouver area without paying the higher prices for downtown. Based on previous reviews and map inspection we chose the NV Holiday Inn. This is by far the best Holiday Inn property we have visited. All aspects of the facility were well maintained and beautifully landscaped. The service was prompt, professional and friendly. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. Although we had access to a car, we found the public transportation system readily available immediately outside the hotel and used it to go into downtown Vancouver. Thanks go to the hotel staff for giving us all the information we needed to make connections. We will definitely stay here again the next time in the Vancouver area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night for our family vacation. However, my son got sick and we had to cancel. Although I booked this through the Holiday Inn website, apparently the rate was a special rate for just this hotel. We had to pre-pay the whole cost in advance, and there are no refunds. When I called I could not just pay a penalty and get some money back. I got nothing back, even though they could rent the room to someone else (and I gave them several days notice), and therefore double-dip.

I was offered a credit, but it was useless. It was for that specific hotel, was good for only six months (I won't be back before next summer), and it was totally not transferable. I could not sell it on Craigslist. Why do they care if I transfer it.

Read the fine print, or just avoid this unaccommodating place.

1  Thank Noahz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Noahz,

First of all, thank you very much for your choosing our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The facility is very nice and we were greeted warmly when we arrived. Restaurant food was also very good. Our room was clean. But, I had several complaints.

1. The web-site says that the beds are pillow tops. Bed comfort is very important to me. The bed in our room was not a pillow top, and I found it very uncomfortable. This made it hard to sleep and made me tired during the day. Had I known that the beds were not pillow tops, I would have either stayed somewhere else, or brought along my own mattress topper.

2. We heard lots of outside noise from our rooms, including what seemed like several minutes of police/fire sirens at 6:00 a.m. one morning (waking all of us up). The noise was only occasional, and so if you don't mind occasional city noise, this won't bother you.

3. The fridge was very noisy when it cycles. I had to unplug it in order to sleep.

4. The bathroom was very small. The shower/bathtub was unusually small. The sink area was so small that it was impossible to fit stuff for more than one person at a time.

5. The internet was inconsistent and very slow. The wired internet stopped working several times during our stay.

1  Thank consumerlaw
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear consumerlaw,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 11, 2013

A friend and I booked two nights here to visit Squamish for the music festival. Very nice hotel and the staff were great. Easy to find location and off the highway enough so that you didn't hear the noise.

I had to change the reservation very last minute because of work commitments - and the hotel was very accommodating - this was very much appreciated. The fact that the hotel went out of their way with my reservation made me decide to write this review.

Parking is free and very secure. We booked a room with a sofa bed and a king bed corner suite room. Very clean and quiet. The only complaint is that we had breakfast in the hotel's restaurant the following morning and it was quite slow with everything.

Great value - would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a corner suite if you have the option
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
holidaynorthvan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear megsidey:
Thank you for your review about your stay with us at Holiday Inn & Suites North Vancouver.
We sincerely appreciate your business and time to let us know about your positive experience.
Please accept my apologies for the slow service you received in our restaurant, I have passed it on to the owner to take necessary corrective steps.
We are delighted and look forward to welcoming you back!

Regards,
C.Alam

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a nice and clean hotel without any bed bugs about which I am very particular about. We had a comfortable 1 night stay at this hotel. We were allowed an early check in by one hour. The hotel is in a good location (just 10 minutes from Capilano suspension bridge) and also provides free parking as well as complimentary Wi-Fi. The staff at the in-house restaurant is excellent and even the food is good. My first impression upon arriving at the hotel was not very pleasing as the executive at the front desk was quite rude and preferred to continue talking on the phone instead of attending guests waiting to be addressed/welcomed. However, all the rest of experience was satisfactory. Will surely stay at this hotel again whenever visiting Vancouver.

Room Tip: In the rooms with 2 queen beds the air-conditioning unit is just next to one of the beds and it is v...

Dear AV_TIME_TRAVELLER:

The staff and Management extend our sincere thanks for choosing our Hotel for your stay while in North Vancouver. We are pleased that our clean rooms, complimentary parking and Wi-Fi met your expectations. I am truly sorry about the poor service you received from the front desk staff and assure you of our commitment to make improvements right away. Our top priority is to provide our guests with a memorable first impression.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention and look forward to seeing you back on your next visit.

C.Alam

North Vancouver Hotel
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#59 of 92 in Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#8 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver? Share your experiences!