“excellent stay!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I arrived late afternoon last weekend for a business trip/trade show. I was blown away by the friendliness from DeBorah when I checked in. She made sure that I used my Priority card to receive my points, as well as extra water for my room.

I had arrived with a nasty head cold, and each morning I was there, Amin went out of his way to ask me how I was feeling. DeBorah also sent me to Fritz in the lounge to cook me up a special ginger honey tea to help me feel better.

Recommendations for ordering in on the one evening I was not out, was from a Thai food place that delivered. I was not disappointed!

Rooms:
I had a junior King suite. Very nice! Clean, spacious (especially for 1 person!) and a great comfortable bed with choice of 2 pillow firmnesses. Bathroom is large, kitchenette handy (although not sure I'd cook) with water in the fridge and a coffee maker with quite good coffee.

Pool/Fitness:
The pool area looked wonderful, although I didn't get a chance to utilize it. Did not take a look in the fitness room.

Security:
Staff is very well aware of who should be in the hotel. Again, over the top with friendliness and ensuring all is well with their guests.

Nice touch - the umbrellas in the room closet. Great for rainy Vancouver!

Parking:
Ample parking - and there is more around the back as well. It seems like the pub (Seymour's) is a pretty busy place, later in the evening parking is better. And free.

Pantry Restaurant:
Ate breakfast here one morning. Quick, efficient service, and good food for a reasonable price. The omelette was really tasty and hot - and a large portion as well. Choice of 4 different kinds of toast, hash browns crisp and hot. Good coffee.

Location:
Right off the #1 highway, just over the bridge pulling in to North Vancouver. Easily accessed, with lots of amenities close by.

Overall, a good place to stay for business travelers or families. Thanks for the stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
holidaynorthvan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

We are thrilled to hear about your memorable stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful experience.

Your recognition of our Hotel rooms, amenities and services as well as the restaurant and pub are greatly appreciated. We know our efforts to providing our guests with a memorable stay and a top quality hotel are working.

The beautiful North Shore has a variety of lodging choices and our sincere thanks for choosing our Hotel. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Sincerely

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Had a great week stay on business. The place is nice, clean with beautiful lobby and very nice rooms. The manager on duty was such a nice lady and very helpful. Overall, I loved this place for a week of meetings in the area. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This hotel is the only option for staying in North Vancouver. A great place to stay with large rooms, great service, and nice amenities. The free wifi was of great, fast quality. My only complaint would be the lack of a complimentary breakfast, although there is a decent restaurant on site. The design details of this hotel make it have a more upscale feel, with a nice courtyard off the lobby. The rooms were spacious and clean. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
holidaynorthvan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

The staff and management appreciate your time to share your review about our Hotel, from our rooms to the various amenities, we thank you for choosing us for your recent stay.
We are pleased you choose our Hotel for your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Visitors to Vancouver are blessed with good quality affordable accommodation and the Hoilday North Vanouver is no exception. It's a fairly plain Jane hotel but it's clean and the staff very helpful. The position gives goods access to all arterial roads and travelling is fairly easy for an out of tower. Only query is the pets in hotel policy. Coming from Australia it's hard to get ones head around!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This was my second time staying at this Hotel. My First time was a 2 night stay Pre-Surgical Day and Surgical Day at Lions Gate Hospital, This second Time was again to see my Specialist to possibly have to go in for surgery again. During this second stay, it was the same blessing to come back too, as you know some Hotel's just seem to deteriorate over time, but if anything this Hotel just seemed to be even better then our first say. To begin with Their Grounds are not only kept Prestine, they are simply Beautiful! Well Maintained, tucked away as if in it's own little forest. Tree's all lite pretty, the waterfall and fountain still working wonderfully and just adds that touch more of serentiy tranquilty and the high level of class it had the last time we stayed here. The grounds are actually a pleasure to walk, so beautifully landscaped and clean, well lite at night. Check In is always smooth, your given Free Wonderful tasting bottled water and free treats to choose from upon checking in. The Front desk staff are knowldegable about what's in the area and how to get to places. The Foyer is Top of it's class, large clean & Beautifully Decorated, the Elevators are spacious and very clean, this entire hotel has a fresh clean smell to it, it just sparkles! The staff are always helpful and friendly. Moreover, it's in a convient location, just off the Iron Workers Memorial Bridge, walking distance to a Superstore, and a short drive to a Tim Hortins "BONUS"! Near both Horseshoe Bay & Tsawassen Ferry's & a within very reasonable driving distance to excellent shopping, Hospital and so much more. This hotel even though being near a busy intersection, is Undeniably the most Quiet Tranquil Hotel EVER! The Rooms are spacious, Very very Quiet, Always clean, the rooms are well equiped with Large Flat Screen TV's, Mircowave, Fridge, Coffee maker, Hairdryer, bathroom extras, Umbrella, Iron, Extra Lugguage racks and more. The Lighting in the rooms is wonderful, windows open, you even get to choose Firm or Soft Pillow choices on your bed which are tastfully labelled, there's Free parking, Free WiFi, Excellent Tv Channel options...There's a Pantry Restraunt, Pool, Gym, Spa, Licenced Lounge, Pub, Beer and Wine Store...A Very clean and beautifully maintained cover gazebo for those who smoke all within a beautifully landscaped grounds. Check out is always smooth... I also have many Allergies, and they have always been happy to accomidate them and I've even been able to speak Directly with Housekeeping to get further info regarding my allergies.I have never felt more relaxed and at home as I have when I arrive at this Hotel, and I've stayed in many...Doesn't matter how you're dressed, you are always welcomed with a warm friendly smile...I Highly Recomment This Hotel to Anyone looking for a Top Quality Home away from Home with a Down to earth warm, feel and complete Tranquilty, like I said, so far it doesn't get any better then this!
I will be planning on staying at this Hotel for a 2-3 night stay in the very Beginning of March for my now booked Surgery, and feel at peace knowing I will be able to relax in a Hotel I know is Nothing short of Pure Heaven, just what I need to begin Pre & Post Surgical Recovery :)
Well Done to all the Wonderful Stay, Look forward to staying with you again soon! 10 STARS if I had the options!

Room Tip: My first stay was in the Back higher floor, this second stay was in the front second floor, both tim...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Chilliwack1
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed at the North Vancouver Holiday Inn again over Christmas (2011) - as I had the year previous. As usual, a very nice hotel. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and the location (for me) was very convenient.
The hotel lobby is large and well-lit, elevators are convenient. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I was a couple of floors up and over the main entrance, but even though I keep my window open, there was no noise to disturb. It seems odd, but the hotel is quite busy over the holiday period (as it was previously), but not overwhelming. As a result, though, the coffee shop gets quite busy - but again, not really a big issue. The coffee shop seems to run best on a little bit of chaos, but the staff are (again) very friendly and helpful.
If your plans bring you to the North Shore, this is definitely the place to stay.
One minor disappointment was the Christmas Day buffet - we'd made a reservation and as the hotel was quite busy, we ended up at a table in a banquet room near to the restaurant. It was a little inconvenient to make the trip back and forth, but that was fairly minor. The food at the buffet was varied, but not very exciting. I guess it's hard to compete with a home-cooked Christmas dinner, though!

Room Tip: Both times that I've stayed at the hotel, I've had rooms overlooking the main entrance. Even...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
holidaynorthvan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for returning to spend the holidays at our Hotel. Welcome back and we appreciate your time to share this wonderful experience.

Your recognition of our Hotel rooms, amenities and services are greatly appreciated. My sincere apologies for your disappointing experience with the food & beverage arrangements. Your feedback is valuable and will assist our Restaurant and catering staff in making the necessary improvements.

The beautiful North Shore has a variety of lodging choices and our sincere thanks for choosing our Hotel again. We look forward to having you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We spent one night here. Staff and customer service was excellent. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The restaurant was very good as well and reasonably priced. Our kids (6 and 3) ate for free as per the Holiday Inn policy so that was an added bonus. Price point is good and probably at it's max in terms of attracting families. Any higher and it might push families to other, cheaper and less desirable chains- just something for the HI to keep in mind. The gym, pool, pub, beer and wine store and spa are a bonus and could make your stay that more enjoyable if staying for a few days. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

The staff and management appreciate your time to share your review about our Hotel rooms, amenities and service.
Thank you for choosing us as your lodging choice and look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
North Vancouver Hotel
North Vancouver Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Vancouver
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites
Best Western Capilano Inn & Suit...
#3 of 10 in North Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#59 of 92 in Vancouver
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
Travelodge Vancouver Lions Gate
#8 of 10 in North Vancouver

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver? Share your experiences!